1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mounting cioks dc5 to a PT mini

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nephilymbass, Sep 21, 2017.

1. what did you guys do? Velcro? two sided tape? Or did you drill holes in the board and use screws? Just got my dc5 today have a gig tommorrow, my drill is broken and I won't have time to get a new one after work before I have to hit the road for tomorrow's gig. I do still have a one spot but it would be nice to use the cioks this weekend.

2. Josh Kneisel

Josh Kneisel

Jun 17, 2016
    Arizona
    I just velcroed my Walrus Audio Aetos to the top in the middle (sticky on Velcro strips). That is the easy solution IMO.

3. Don't have enough room to mount it on top

4. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Well, the Walrus stuff is so pretty who wouldn't want it on top of their board! :D

zenrubrica and Nephilymbass like this.
  5. I use my DC5 under a PT Nano. I just used duct tape, and it hasn't moved a bit in 8 months of use.

However, I found it was important, before you attach it (with whatever method you choose), to do a little testing to find out which position gives you the least amount of noise. Sliding it one way or the other can make a difference, and I ended moving my pedals around a bit, but once I had it dialed in, zero noise. Enjoy!

Nephilymbass likes this.
  6. Found some thin but decent Velcro leftover from a different pedalboard build. Seems to be holding. Checked the board and it's not rocking at all. We'll see how it hold up this weekend. If that Velcro holds on I'll leave it like that. If not I'll put some black tape on the help it out.
    Thanks guys

IMG_3527.JPG

7. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    My DC5 is screwed under my Metro 24 and rocks ever so slightly on a flat hard flat floor. I wouldn't want to add another couple of mm by adding Velcro to the sandwich!

Nephilymbass likes this.
  8. Jonny5bass

Jonny5bass Supporting Member

May 3, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    IMHO drilling it to the board is the best option. Noticed you said yours is broken but I bet a friend or neighbor would have one for a 1 minute job. Not only does it give you that little bit more clearance but I figure that having it directly coupled to the board would help with heat dissipation as well.

Nephilymbass likes this.
  9. Yeah that's true, I don't know, it worked out great last night. I do need to make the cables neater. When I first put the board down on stage last night there was some rocking and I was like *** because I checked it before I left the house, but it turned out to be a pedal power cable was between the dc5 and the floor. Moved it and no issues after that.

triode6L6a likes this.