Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mouradian Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Doctor Bass (Nick Smith), Dec 27, 2000.

1. Allo!

MOURADIAN BASSES:
    Does anyone own a CS-74 or know anyone who has one for sale? I used to email Pat Badger a lot a couple of years ago and now find that the Mouradian website is no longer available! Are Mouradian still producing instruments?

Cheers!

Nick

2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
  3. Thanks Bassman!

Looks nice - one of the early 2 pickup models, the latest incarnation has 3 pickups!! Wooo!

Cheers!

Nick

4. Bassman! Are you a Chris Squire fan by any chance?

I own 40 basses, one of these being a Rickenbacker 4001CS!

Cheers!

Nick

5. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Doc - I've been a Yes fan since I heard "The Yes Album" back in the early 70's. As far as Chris Squire goes, I love his sound and his style of playing. But, I can't say that i'm a huge fan of his, but I am a fan just the same.
    I'm a long time Rickenbacker owner and currently own three RIC basses. Each one is unique in it's sound, and I use that uniqueness to my advantage.
    I love RIC's but the 4001CS is not my cup of tea. I think that they're awesome sounding basses, but I can't stand the cream color and the African Vermillion wood used on the bass. I do not mean to offend any 4001CS owners, this is just my personal feeling of this particular model of RIC bass.
    One of my RIC's is a 1988 4001v63. It (electronically) is almost identical to the 4001CS. This bass kicks ass and i would highly recommend anyone interested in a RIC to check this bass out asap, as Rickenbacker has announced (back in late November of this year) that the 4001v63 will be discontinued as of December 31, 2000.
    A new replacement "limited edition" model will be introduced at the up coming NAMM show on January 18, 2001. There is a lot of speculation about what the replacement model will be on the net, but we'll just have to wait and see.
    As for the number of basses, i'm currently at 6. And one of those is actively for sale (so I didn't list it in my profile). Only the three Rickenbackers get a daily workout, the other two rarely leave the house. I'd love to have 40 or so basses, but I just don't have the room for them. It must cost a small fortune to keep 40 basses in new (fresh) strings?
    Cheers