1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mouse FL/ AI Clarus SL / wizzy 10 or barefaced one 10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dlmarquez, Feb 26, 2016.

1. does anyone out there have a fretless mouse, an AI Clarus SL, and either a wizzy 10 or Barefaced one 10
    I have the mouse, will be getting the AI soon, and need help on picking between the wizzy or One 10
    Thanks

2. nostatic

nostatic

Jun 18, 2004
    Lompoc, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    Why those cabs?

You might consider an Audio Kinesis H1203. That is about the best small/light cab I've every played. My Deep 5 sounds great through it.

3. Plutonium244

Plutonium244 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I have a Barefaced One10. I like it a LOT. I haven't played through a Wizzy 10 so I can't give you a direct comparison; also haven't played through an Acoustic Image amp so if you;re looking for specific reports about that combo, I am not much help. Prolly, you can't go wrong with either one (Wizzy or One10) but I am Barefaced guy. I haven't tried them all, but I know when it works. One10 works.

monsterthompson likes this.
  4. Martin Beer

Martin Beer

Dec 4, 2004
    I had a Wizzy 10 with a series II Clarus, if that helps. The Wizzy 10 goes quite high for a tweeterless cab, but from the specs I'd presume that the Barefaced will be able to move more air in the lows. It seems that most manufacturers' wizzer cone drivers have smaller Xmax (hence smaller displacement) than the closest non-wizzer alternative, and the Barefaced driver has a larger displacement than most 10s.
    So if you're going to be pushing the volume, the Barefaced will probably get louder, but at lower volume the choice would be down to which voice you prefer. The Wizzy does sound good - I found the upper mids a little harsh for double bass but very clear and detailed sounding for electric bass.

monsterthompson likes this.
  5. Mike Arnopol

Mike Arnopol Inactive Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    +1 for the Audiokinesis 1203. Same size but a much better cab than the Barefaced or the Wizzy. And I was an EA endorser.

Groove Doctor likes this.
  6. Good luck finding anyone with the requisite experience to comment directly on the request before the thread drops into obscurity. You should hit the search engine and possibly find the unicorn individual and message them.

In any event a couple of ringing endorsements would be no guarantee that you would find the combination your own nirvana. Best to buy used and try.

7. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    I've played both the One10 and the 1203. The 1203 is certainly a nice cab and possibly worth considering depending on tonal objective. It isn't definitively better; more of a different flavor of good. I'd take the One10 over it, based on my experience and needs. I've not played a Wizzy in a while (only did a showroom floor demo) but my understanding is that it is meant to be a more flat and neutral sounding cab with a touch of color. The One10 is not that; it is voiced and intended to give you some speaker cone distortion.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021