Mouse troubles ***?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by joshsmog, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Hey, well i had my microsoft laser mouse hooking up to my ps2 port using a usb-ps/2 adapter then one day while playing half life it just stopped working. the laser was still going so i just unhooked the mouse and put it back in and it was fine then it stopped working again a bit later so i hooked in a brand new ball mouse i had laying around. it didnt work either! so i plugged it directly into one of my usb ports and thankfully winxp being so user friendly installed it without me having to do anything. I was happy that i fixed the problem and could hopefully continue gaming like usual but then I had even more toubles. My mouse sensitivity keeps getting cut in half at random times then put back to what it was set at in the first place seemingly at random. Theres this weird doo doo sound when it does it too! the mouse sensitivty does not change in the control panel when it does this either. I have no idea what to do, i googled it and came up with nothing I did ad aware and norton virus scan to no avail. Please someone tell me *** is going on!
  2. bump out to my homies
  3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    It's Karma. :scowl: :ninja:
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    At first it sounded like the PS2 port was broken, but from what you have written i understand that when you plug the same mouse into the USB port it still doesnt work.... sounds like your mouse is screwed.