Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Moved Threads - Please Read

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stingray5, Jan 25, 2001.

1. Just a friendly reminder. Threads not specifically related to basses will be moved to the appropriate forum.

If you're looking for your thread and it's no longer here in Basses, simply do a search of all posts under your own username. This will locate your thread. ;)

Also, please remember that "Setup" is the appropriate forum for posting about upgrading, modifying or building a bass.

Thanks! :)

2. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I'll second that....:)

3. :D

4. .

5. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    >Also, please remember that "Setup" is the appropriate forum for posting about upgrading, modifying or building a bass.

IMHO Setup needs to be renamed as it is non-intuitive. Setup to me (everyone??) means adjusting bridges and truss rods, not replacing pickups, defretting basses, slicing and dicing instruments, etc.

Modifications?

6. Bob, we probably agree that Setup isn't the most appropriately named forum but it does convey somewhat the spirit of the discussions. It's sort of like the situation here at "Basses" - that title sure covers some territory and is probably the reason it nets so many off-topic posts. Here is a link that delves into that subject precisely:

http://64.39.29.218/forum/showthread.php?threadid=9499

We would like to have a luthiery forum but haven't convinced the powers that be to start one yet.

And, of course, as I write this, the topic becomes even less appropriate to this forum...Go figure:rolleyes:

7. Helps to convey the message, though. Thanks Hambone! :)