1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MOVED TO AMPS FORUM - Eden WT800C vs Thunderfunk 750A vs Genz Benz 1200

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rimo, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Rimo

Rimo

Sep 28, 2008
    Australia
    MODERATORS CAN YOU DELETE THIS - I HAVE STARTED IT IN THE CORRECT FORUM. SORRY I'M NEW.

2. Hello and welcome to Talkbass. The heads you are considering are all great in their own way, with the WT800 giving you more of what you like with the WT400 you are familiar with (they sound about the same to me), the iAmp800 being very wide, hi fi and clean, and the Genz giving you (unfortunately in a huge, heavy package) lot's of bells and whistles. I own the TF550b, and it's great for warm and fat. The 750 is also Killer from what I understand, but man, it's a lot of cash.

I'll tell you what though, with the wonderful cabs you have (which I'm familiar with), I would HIGHLY recommend the new Mesa Boogie M6 Carbine (I know, stupid name). Assuming you want a punchy, clean but aggressive punchy tone, it's about the best hybrid 2 space head I've ever played, and is safe running at 2 or 2.67 ohms. It's about $1,000, and combines the wide, clean, but IMO a touch 'sterile and clinical' iAmp800 type tone with the punch and warmth of the EdenWT800. That Genz is just too damn big and bulky.

If you are on more of a budget, the Carvin B1500 is KILLER three space, mega watt head for under $1,000.

While I haven't heard the combination, I've tried the M6/Carbine, and I own and love the AE410. Every bone in my body says that's a KILLER combination, again, assuming you want a relatively bright and aggressive but clean voicing with a big, punchy low end. I'm a single coil J bass fanatic, and that is one heck of a rig for that!

IMO (which in Talkbass lingo, means this is purely my opinion, based on the tone goals I have, which you can see from my profile).

K