Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MOVED TO PHILLY: WANT NEW BAND

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by QORC, Aug 17, 2005.

1. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    On the off-chance, any established cover bands in Philly area out there need a bassist??

Yeah, I've posted ads on craigslist, harmony central, and every other place I can find.

I'm itching to rock again! :bassist:

2. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    all i can say is welcome to philly and i'm sure it won't be to hard to find a band when you get out here because bassist's are in high demand

3. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    I've had an ad up on craigslist two weeks and haven't had an appropriate nibble yet!! But I know it will happen. I was very specific about what I was looking for and NOT looking for.

Had a promising email this morning. Checking it out.

Thanks for the welcome

---Tim

4. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    got contacted by two local bands last night...both seem like good possibilities!

life is looking up

5. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Welcome to the Delaware Valley! It seems to me that there is a glut of bassists in this area. I have had an ad in Craigs for 2 weeks also and no bites :( In fact, 2 other Bass player looking ads were posted at the same time. Anyone else in the area noticing this?

6. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    yep i am weird isn't it there are tons in indianna but there's only like ten in the whole deleware valley

7. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    I have try-outs with two groups. There seem to be lots of bands looking for bassists, but not my type of bands (original bands, bands that want to tour, bands that want someone no older than 25 etc).

But I have time. It has to be the right situation, or it won't be worth it to me. I am patient.

8. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    sounds good