1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Movie: Across the Universe

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Godheads_Lament, Feb 24, 2008.

1. So, i saw this the other night and thought it was really good. The covers of the songs were, in general really well done and the way they were worked in with the story were quite creative. My fave bits i think were "I Want You" and Strawberry Fields.

2. My GF made me watch it, I liked what I saw of it..;) ussualy I hate musicals I'll be watching that one again!

3. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i swear i can say the same thing. cept it was just some girl im hanging out with, not a gf.

4. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    Bought it for the gf as part of her Valentine's Day present. Watched it with her, and now I want a copy for myself. One of the best musicals I've ever seen, really superb.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, not bad at all. "I Want You" was also one of my faves from the movie.

bc

6. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I want to see it

7. mattq

mattq

May 23, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    me and my wife saw it in the theater when it came out and we both loved it. Got the DVD for valentines and the behind the scenes stuff made me like it even more. Favorite songs on there were "let it be" and "strawberry fields"

8. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Nice username btw

9. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Glad to see this movie getting some props! It was easily my favorite movie of the year... saw it with the gf in theaters 3 times, and now we watch it on video every so often. Really well done film, and this is coming from a guy who can't stand the Beatles.

Favorite bits are "I Am The Walrus" and the super-cheesy but sweet ending "All You Need Is Love." "Strawberry Fields" was really good too.

10. Ditto. That scene was done so fantastically. The choreography was unbelievable.

I saw it twice in theatres and bought it the day it came out.

11. Well thank you sir

I thought the "She's so heavy" bit carrying the Statue of Liberty over the jungle was brilliant.

12. RED5

RED5

Jan 14, 2008
    Suffolk County,NY
    Musicalizations are not on my A list of things to see and do. (I live near NYC where Disney is adding a stage show a week based on whatever they think they can trot into a theater) Leaves me cold. I went to see "Across.." with more than a little trepidation, and man was I wrong! I grew up on this stuff, why I play is more than a little influenced by this stuff. Beatles music has been beaten near to death but this was a testimony to how damn good the music is. It translated so well you'd think it was written to be this movie. my favorite moments? The opening, spoken "Girl" and Joe Cocker's "Come Together" Eddy Izzard was made for the Hendersons, brilliant. Nice work, a fresh look at a musical institution.

13. ahkiatt

ahkiatt

Sep 30, 2006
    Singapore
    Love the movie. Being for the benefit of mr kite scared me a little though, don't quite like the circus.

14. Nice...with all this good report I will be sure to see it...but I'm unsure if it will unseat "Once" in my mind for best music movie of last year.

That movie just kills me everytime I see it. Amazing movie, Amazing soundtrack.

15. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I loved it.
    Not my kinda movie, but I'd buy it.

16. i saw it two weeks ago--not a bad movie at all--some parts i thought didn't fit well into the story, but whatever, overall, i liked it :)