Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Movie dialogue game (new and improved!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Birdy num num, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Birdy num num

Birdy num num

Feb 21, 2005
    OKay, my last attempt at this game died a horrible death (as it should have), so I've tweaked it a bit to make it fun for the whole TB family.

So let's do this: Take the previous movie quote and pick out any word (and's and the's and a's count, etc., to keep it flowing) and offer your own movie dialogue gem which includes that word. For example - "I have you now." (Darth Vador, "Star Wars") could be followed with "Snakes, Why did it HAVE to be snakes?" (Indiana Jones, "Raiders"). If you don't know the character or actor, just put in the movie title next to it. There will be overlapping, of course, so just grab any recent post and run with it. Obviously, the longer the quote, the more play it will get, so keep the one word quotes (not that I can think of that many) off the board.

Okay, I'll get it started then....

"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!" (Peter Finch, "Network")

2. Lou: I told you NOT to go there! I told you NOT to go there!(Anger Management)

3. Birdy num num

Birdy num num

Feb 21, 2005
    "THERE are some who call me...Tim?" (Tim the Enchanter, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail")

4. "Call Me" Blondie!

Crap. I suck at this game...

5. Sorry, just had to respond to this one. :D

And I'll run with a quote off of that.

"Those ARE as good as money, sir. Those are IOU's."
    Lloyd(I think), Dumb and Dumber

6. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    "As soon as his HEAD is in view, HIT IT WITH THE ROCK!!!!" Vizzini, The Princess Bride