1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Movie recomendation

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    I went to see "Luckey Number SLeven(The L is supposed to be an upsidedown 7) this weekend. I thought it was a good movie with some good actors. Morgan Freeman was in it as well as Bruce Willis and Lucey Loo(sp?)

Its a strange movie that starts off kind of slow and scrambled but it turns into a crazy chess match. Lucy keeps it going, I think, because for a while your like, "What the ..?",but she's looking good. Any way before you know it, a great puzzle comes toghether for a terrific movie.

Now go.

2. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    It's Lucy Lu.
    She went to my HS : )... along with thousands of other hot asian girls. woo hoo!!!!

At which theater did you see it? just lookin for some Staten Island pride here, really. It's shameless, I agree.

BTW does anyone know whether "Snakes on a Plane" is really going to come out?

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Morgan Freeman was in 'se7en' too. I guess he likes that concept.

4. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I know I will be very sad if it doesn't.

5. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    There hasn't been a good movie in a long time!
    I am hoping Silent Hill may give me some sort of entertainment. Since it is based off a video game, I am guessing that past exampes will stay true and this will blow.

6. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I saw Basic Instinct 2 on Friday. If you like female breasts, go see it.

7. Youngspanion

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY

The Stadium on Forest Ave. What High School?

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Is Morgan Freeman a bad guy in this movie? I don't know if I could handle that.

9. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I saw Ice age 2 last sunday.

Great movie!!

10. I was at the cinema with the other half a few days back, wanted to see Lucky Number Sleven, but, it wasnt on that night, so we went to see Hostel, was a bit of a let down, was "OK" but nothing special, and nowhere near as gory as i thought it would have been

(maybe because ive done actualy dissections? hmm, probably that)

11. Saw "Thank you for Smoking" this weekend. Highly recommended. I enjoyed the book and thought the movie was well done and true to it.

If you live or work in Washington, DC it will hit you where you live.

12. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

A friend recomended the film " Priest" to me, suprisingly I never heard of it before and that is what I watched Saturday night, living in the real world we are.

13. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    That's one I'd like to see!

Saw "V For Vendetta" with my son, last week. It was great! You have to pay attention to really get the most out of it, and I like that in a movie.

Cherie :)

14. Youngspanion

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    What was that about?

I wanted to see that but the theaters in Staten Island aren't showing it. Go figure.

He is but no worse then in the movie, oh I forget the name. I think Chris Rock was in it. They scalped a guy. It was a crazy movie.

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Debbie does Dallas (origenal)

16. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Saw V For Vendetta tonight, liked it too! Great for a action flick.

17. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    I've been meaning to watch Fateless, but I can't seem to find a copy of it. It's a movie about a 14 year-old Jewish boy during the Holocaust. Apparently, it's one of the greatest movies about the Holocaust thus far, but it's not for the faint of heart.

18. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    august 18th.

day before my birthday. :cool:

19. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I have also heard the V for Vendetta was great! I plan to see this next. :cool: