Movie Review!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Feb 23, 2003.

1. I thought i might as well post a review, cuz what the heck else am i gonna do. well, here it goes...

Last night i went to see the sneak preview of "Bringing Down the House". It stared Queen Latifah (sp?) and, the incredable comedy genius, Steve Martin. Now, Steve Martin only proves my theory that old comedians get better with age. The movie starts out with a montage of IMs with "Leageleagle" (Martin) and "Lawyer-Girl" (guess who) They decide to meet, and Lawyer-Girl turns out to be Latifah, who Steve Martin thought was a skinny white redhead, but he didn't look at the picture he sent her close enough. She tells her case to Martin, which has some trouble believeing her case, but he finally believes her, but has to get her around the neighbors with great physical comedy. They go around trying to clear her name. Meanwhile, there is a whole sub-plot with Eugene Levy, and how he falls in love with Latifah. There were some truely laugh out loud moment, but most of them blur the lines of Politicly Correcness, with the rascist neighbor, and the client Steve Martin has, who grew up on a rich plantation with slaves in the south. Steve Martin does an uncanny impression of the white-kids-acting-black fad. IMHO, This movie is going to be one of the funniest ones of the whole year.

Here's my rating system, from worst to best
    Rouge(worst), Samick(more downs than ups), Fender(MIM :p), (more ups than downs), Stingray(very good), Fodera(great)

I give Bringing Down the House a Stingray out of a Fodera. It will be open March 7th.
  2. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Sounds great, will have to catch that one...Thanx ff
  3. I like your marking system.......