Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Movies you'd LIKE to see redone

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassteban, Feb 27, 2006.

1. For me, Forbidden Planet(dated themes, but CG could make it neat)& The day the Earth stood still(a classic).

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
  3. the Black Hole.

Same premise,lose the stupid cutesy robots Vincent & Bob, and make Maximillian even more bad ass. Oh, and take it away from Disney before they make "Black Hole 2: Electric Bugaloo"

4. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I'd like to see the Hobbit done the way they did LOTR...

I'd also like to see a really good version of the Oddesey... Might have to do it in a couple of parts... but it would be worth it.

5. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I hate movies these days. I miss the 90's... when movies were ridiculous but looked largely real. THOSE were the days, IMO.
    Maybe Im just a 90's kid.

Therefore, I really dont even want to see movies that are in theaters now. They all look so pristine and frankly it turns me off. I dont need to see giant CGI monsters or crazy special effects at all.. I just want a good storyline. I think the crazy special effects often detracts from the scene and makes directors lazy, knowing that people will be wowed by really kool looking things. Its all part of Americas' cultural destruction.

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Whenever i think of film adaptation of the oddesey I can't help but think of Jean-Luc Godard's "Le Mepris" (aka Contempt).

7. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Clockwork Orange. I'm sorry, I'm gonna get flamed for it, but Stanley Kubrick ****ed that one up. I love the book, it felt like such a disgrace.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Good call, good call. I remember that flick, it was great. The Last Starfighter, Enemy Mine, and The Wraith come to mind right away.

-Mike

9. The 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies. Jeeze. They clearly need a remake.

+1000 on The Last Starfighter too.

10. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I'd like to see a remake of Zapped!

11. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    How about a remake of Metropolis with some fancy synth music?

12. I'd like to see Clash of the Titans remade - I think it would be pretty cool with modern special effects.

13. It's(nearly)been done; original movie w/added Giorgio(sp?)Moroder soundtrack in '84. Actual new footage could be interesting.

14. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yes! Although, I have no problem with those movies, I would not mind seeing new versions.

Also, let someone else take a crack at the last three star wars movies, someone not George Lucas.

15. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    holy crap, there should be 30 responses like this. lol

16. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Then you got something to look forward to!
    It's scheduled for theater release at Christmas this year! :hyper:

In addition to not being able to wait for The Hobbit I'd like to see a historically accurate remake of The 300 Spartans as well as similar treatment to the life of Miyamoto Musashi.

17. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I think High Tension could stand to be redone.

18. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Nah, Schwarzenegger's too old now for it, and no one else deserves to say "Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired." :D

I'd like to see Alien vs. Predator remade. Yeah, it's not the greatest idea for a film, but that movie was just awful... why in the world did the predator decide to team up with the girl instead of slashing her to tiny bits? And running around in a tank top in the south pole? I'm all for suspension of disbelief, but come on..... :rollno:

19. flatwounds

flatwounds

Apr 22, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Jive, Zapped! as in this:

[​IMG]

I loved that film as a kid. Definitely need to revisit that one.
    Who would play Barney and Peyton??

My grandmother has an old vhs copy from the 80's (Australian issue), and I swear that it had a low rating. With the amount of nudity, today it would easily recieve something much higher.