Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Movies

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bloodfairy13, Jun 30, 2004.

1. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky
    I just thought I'd start a thread about movies that you peeps want to see...I know that there's already one about spiderman 2 but I don't want to cause some off-topic, off-topic, post...yeah...

Anyway, what do you guys want to see???? I personally want to see Blade 3 (after I watch the first 2, of course), and alien vs. Predator... :bassist: :bassist:

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You'd probably enjoy Control Room and Born Rich....if you havent seen them already.

I havent seen them but they look interesting.

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Not much movies really interest me - big blockbuster stuff is usually crap. So far I've seen most of the movies I wanted to see this summer: F 9/11 and Saved!. I think I may be dragged kicking and screaming to SpiderMan, and the dork in me kind of wants to see the Alien vs. Predator movie.

I much rather winter and early spring movies to the summer blockbuster crap.

4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    i have already seen fahrenheit 9/11 which was good. i really want to see spiderman 2, the bourne supremacy, alien vs. predator, and blade 3!

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    The Village, that's about it.

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Oh, yes. The Bourne Supremacy. The first movie really surprised me; I was expecting another dumb action movie. I hope the second is as good as the first.

7. M. Night Shamala's The Villiage, hitting theaters July 30 :D

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    agreed, the 1st one was surprisingly entertaining, and I think the second one will be just as good if not better(vengence, payback flicks are always sweet )

9. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Collateral could be good.

10. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    yeah, i loved the first one. a lot of people didn't like it because it was too "corny", but the story in the movie was pretty much exact being based directly from the comic book, as i understand. second one looks awsome!

is that the movie with jamie fox and tom cruise? it COULD be good, but has a slim chance of it, IMO. i might see it.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Smash,

I'm a fan of feature documentaries too. Some that I've really enjoyed are On The Ropes, Style Wars, Stoked, The Rise and Fall of Gator, Dogtown and Z-Boys, Hands on a Hardbody, Hoop Dreams and the one about the teenage boys that were found guilty of ritualistically murdering some a little kid. I can't think of the name of the last one but it follows their trial and it was pretty captivating.

Anyway....those are some that I've enjoyed...I particularly enjoyed Hoop Dreams and Hands on a Hardbody.

brad cook

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
  13. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky
    I don't know about "captivating documentaries" or whatever....

I'm going to see AVP...It's gonna be cool...my mom won't go though b/c she's afraid (big sissy)

I think that The Aviator might be good...It's got Leonardo DiCaprio in it so I don't know if it will be good or not...I know one think, I will NOT pay to see it...I'll watch it on starz NOT on pay-per-view... :bassist: :bassist:

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I want to see Radio, and Friday Night Lights.

-Mike

15. Ill probally go see AvP...looks entertaining at least. I just hope they didnt get to corny with the whole "teenage Predators comming of age" thing.

16. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

"Some Kind of Monster"............that thing has won more awards than you can shake a stick at.

Reviewers say it's not really a movie about Metallica, but rather, a movie about what could be any successful band trying to reinvent itself after coming to the edge of disaster.

17. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Yeah that's the one. I'll see it because I get in free at a local theater.

18. Little off topic but does anyone know a site to trailers or previews for movies comming out ? A student at school was on a site that gave information for possible and/or upcomming movies. Never found the site.

19. ill put this as easy as i can

WRONGLY ACCUSED

is a really good movie, its from 98' :D :D :D :D