1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Moving anxiety

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by groovejam, Jun 5, 2007.

1. groovejam

groovejam

Apr 26, 2005
    Sorry to bring up personal :crying: but..
    18 and moving off to school(recordiing school in Minneapolis) a long way from home. I live in a small town and am moving to a city.
    Dont like many people where I live but the friends I have are very close.
    Everyone goes through this but for some reason I feel strangly disturbed for moving away from a place I dont like. Makes me wonder about the way peopes lives develop.

Maybe someone is going through something similar, or would care to reflect on how they think moving and how people react to life transitions effect people and where they end up.

2. antiseptic

antiseptic **antisepticised**

Jul 18, 2006
    la la land
    You are actually already used to that uneasy feeling of going from a safe, comfortable place to a place 'unknown'.
    You wake up in the morning and force yourself to go to school college, work, etc is another kind of that disturbance. This time it's a bigger scale. One thing that's bugging you is loosing friends. Listen buddy, if you can have good friends here, you can good have friends there. And once you're gone, your old best friends will forget you eventually. And so will you.

3. groovejam

groovejam

Apr 26, 2005
    I agree with that, I have been sort of disturbed witht he thought of forgeting people and things that at one time meant alot. Happens to everyone is a major part of living but the idea is disturbing, and I'm not a real emtional softy type, I think thats why it facinates me.

4. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    get an education and some chicks and you'll be alright.
    don't think too much about it just show up and it'll all work out alright. might even be fun.

5. I know exactly what you're talking about man. I grew up in a town of 5,000, and went to a college with 26,000 students.

That feeling of leaving your hometown... your friends... them moving away and making new friends, you making new friends... it's a lot to think about.

Just know that it will all be alright. Everything has a way of working out. You'll make new great friends wherever you're going, and life will go on. Another weird feeling is going back home after a long time at school, everytime you go back it feels less and less like home. Not necessarily a good feeling, but an unavoidable one.

You'll be fine man :)

6. groovejam

groovejam

Apr 26, 2005
    thanks for not mocking me

I need to get some of this thinking in my head.

I agree with all of this, I just need to get over my heavy heart.

7. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    eesh.. I'm really going to hate graduating highschool for this reason: I hate the thought that I'll never see most if not all of my best friends ever again. *sigh* *sniff*

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Man I went to school locally. Could have totally lived at home (in fact did for the first quarter of school) but couldn't wait to get the hell out of the house when I was 18. Moved shortly after my 18th birthday. I guess it helps that I was moving to a place on the Balboa Penninsula in Newport Beach where I was 4 houses in from the sand and good waves.

9. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    LOL yeah, I guess that eased the sting a bit!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021