Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Moving Gear

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by WordIsBorn79, Apr 18, 2002.

1. WordIsBorn79

WordIsBorn79

Jan 10, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    guys, I need to move my gear from Allentown, PA, to Phoenix, AZ. I'll be moving in like 2 months (June 12th). I have a Fender Jazz Bass, and a Nemesis 1x12 combo amp (200w). Any ideas, price quotes, ect? :confused:

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    How are you getting there?

I'd keep my gear securely packed, surrounded by softer items, such as pillows, blankets, etc.

That shouldn't cost you more than the price of gas;)

3. WordIsBorn79

WordIsBorn79

Jan 10, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    actually man, the prob is is that i'm moving out there via air, and i need to ship my gear out there via whatever means.

4. Blux

Blux

Feb 5, 2002
    Philadelphia, Pa.
    First, do you have a hard shell case? A must. Look in the yellow pages under packaging service and let the pros do it. Places like "Mail Boxes Etc.","Mail & Package Depot" and "Mail and Parcel Center" here in Philadelphia, do the packaging and insurance and they send by UPS or FEDEX(ground for best price). The combo will cost the most. Weight it and get estimate from UPS. You may consider selling it (privately) and getting something new in your new town. You could even carry the bass on board with you on the plane, if you have little else to carryon. Verify this with your airlines first. Good luck.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    When I went to Berklee (in boston) last summer, I just carried the bass with me. Even though they said it would cost more to take it with me, I didnt pay and when I got on the plane, they just put it in a closet for free. I would still recommend the hardcase though.

Peace
    Nick