1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Moving my bass to the Philippinres

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Abaroa, May 19, 2011.

1. Abaroa

Abaroa

Apr 27, 2010
    Mexico
    Hi..
    Hope someone can help me. I am relocating to Philippines and want to know if I should do anything special to move my bass to such a humid and hot weather... I currently live in Mexico City. Weather here is very stable all through the year and my P bass never needs any adjustment.
    Also, does anyone know a good luthier and a good bass shop in Manila?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Infidelity

Infidelity Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    The only thing that worries me more than the weather is the customs. Philippine customs is a pain in the butt when it comes to high valued items..

Honestly, Mexico and Philippines have almost the same weather but Philippines is more humid..

3. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    Only thing I can think of is, if you're moving from a relatively dry climate to a relatively humid climate, you'll probably have to tweak the truss rod.

4. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    I would guess that there might be some initial adjustments, but then the weather there is relatively stable, just perhaps very different weather from MC. I don't know any luthiers there but I recall that the music scene is pretty healthy in Manilla so I would think it won't be too hard to find one. You also may be surprised at the amount of Spanish influence there.