1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Moving Sale: Ampeg SB-12, 72 810, orphan BT15, PF500, PF115HE's, SC120, Mesa 400

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by christw, Jan 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    I really love all my gear but it's what's keeping tied down right now. Gotta lighten the load, a lot. I've got a pretty big cross country move in the near future.

Prices are OBO but please don't lowball me. Info will be updated in later posts and here as people PM me and request it additional information. Feel free to offer in the meantime. Lots of info on these amps in particular (including mine) in the Ampeg Reunion / Portaflex Club threads. Shipping is a possibility if not listed. Trades are too but I only want a fEarful cab.

[del]Ampeg SB12 (1966) - SOLD for $500 + ship[/del]

Ampeg PF500 + top mounted PF115HE (9/10) + cab candies - $600 to you eastern US! $550 local
    (virgin cab sold pending...)

Mesa Boogie Bass 400 - Pending...

Peavey Century Bass 200 - Might not sell but it'll be cheap ($110 shipped) if I do.

Ampeg BT15 orphaned cab (1966) - just bought for $125 / $75 ship, may keep - link to ebay page

Ampeg 810 flatback (1972) - Sale thread moved to here

hand wired turret board 5w tube amp (12AX7/EL84) based on an AC15 in a Valve Jr head case with variable voltage volume limiting which acts like a variac starving the amp for voltage so that it breaks up earlier and a Fender tone stack (single knob) - $175 to you

1x10 AlNiCo (I'll check date codes) in a wonky looking but colorful box with a big old magnet cover. Looks a like the box was someone's little project. It's sturdy though. 4 ohm IIRC - $55 to you

For those who'll talk to me about the regret of selling these: This is the stuff tying me to this town right now. I can always find more vintage amps but I can't leave until I move mine out!

Disclaimer: I am dealing with a shoulder injury and unable to drive so I need to find a ride to the store for any items slated to be shipped. I will have everything out within a week of receiving payment but I can't guarantee any better.

2. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    Most of the lot:
    IMG_1016.
    Peavey Century Bass:
    IMG_0755.

Individual pics on request. I have a 3 year old flip phone to use until Friday when I can borrow a camera. They won't be great for the minute. Will update the thread as requests come in.

3. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    hand wired vox based amp on top of the 1x10 under a molson flag, NOT a mod kit. I'll get better pics of the cab.

IMG_0682.
    IMG_0680.

4. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    PM sent.

5. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    Didn't see your PM in the fray yet! ;)

6. FenderAmpeg

FenderAmpeg

Feb 21, 2009
    So Cal
    Just a "really cool guy to work with" bump. And the best of wishes and safest of travels.

7. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    Thanks for the bump bump! :D

Closing to relist...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.