Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Moving Sale - Cheap Bass, Cab, more...

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by int, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Wife and I are moving again, and I'm clearing out the basement in preperation. All prices do not include shipping and if they don't sell here in a week they'll go on eBay. I'm in the Denver area (80020), so we can use the web to estimate shipping costs. If you're local I'm willing to drop off, within reason.

EMAIL ME if you are interested, I'm not online as much as I'd like, but I can get my email just about anytime.

Johnson Bass - Blue w/ white pickguard, less than one year old, still has the plastic on the pickguard. I bought it to toy around with when I was out of town a while back. Now that I'm home I don't need it. Includes gig bag. Great condition, perfect starter/practice bass! $85, obo.

Carvin 18" Speaker Cab - purchased in 1995. Low hours on it. Original speaker. I'd like to keep it around, but it gets such little use I can't justify holding onto it anymore. $150, obo.

Yamaha 4 channel mixer - 70's style. No XLRs (only 1/4" inputs). It's got a little bit of power to it, but everytime I hook up a speaker to the left channel, the fuse blows. Right channel is fine. I've been using the reverb on it in the studio - so if you just need a cheap "analog" reverb unit, this may be of interest. Great for a starter PA as well. If noone takes it within a week, I'll just keep it. SOLD.

20" Zildjian A Ping Ride - Less than a year old. Needs a short clean to remove some stick marks, but otherwise perfect condition. $150, obo.

17" Zildjian Projection Crash - Cracked (About an inch deep, from the end, pointing directly towards the hole. A second crack is starting nearby). If used creatively, it could be worthwhile. Make an offer. GONE.

JB Player Acoustic Guitar - Purchased in 1995. If this thing could talk...I'd be in a lot of trouble. It's been in a lot of hands and has a few dings (one notable one is on the back, it hit a table corner - nothing major, but noticeable) and small scratches throughout the body, but it plays well and stays in tune. It's been well taken care of for a cheap, 8 year old guitar. Great for a starter or practice. $50, obo.

Applause Acoustic/Electric Bass - I'll test the electronics if there is any interest, but I don't think the tone knob works. There are 4 major cracks in the clearcoat finish, due to the dryness here in CO - The wood didn't split though. See the pics in the link below. $40, obo. SOLD. Update: I didn't really think anyone would be interested! I tested the bass out this evening and a re-wiring is in order, the tone pent is shot.

15" Monitor - It can handle 75 watts and has a volume knob. It's a Soundtech with a new Radio Shack speaker. Good/great condition. $20, obo. SOLD.

"Big Bertha" - She's heavy, so I won't ship her - it's not worth it. She needs 2 new 12" speakers, and I don't know about the horn. She's about 3.5-4 feet tall, black, and wonderful. It says RAM on the front, but due to its 70slicious wonderfulness, I don't know what that means. In all honesty, she'd make a good trunk. But it's possible to turn her back into PA duties. Come get 'er, obo (yea, right).

Guitar stands - I have 2 I could spare. SOLD.

I can snap a few pics if you need them, just email me and I'll get them to you asap. And yes, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here, so any interest is much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. I might be interested in the applause bass but I would need to see pics of the cracks first. Could you post some please?

3. We'll do. I won't be able to take them until tomorrow evening though (Monday evening). Let me know if you want me to email them to you or if I should post them on the web.

Oh, and I forgot...I have a Boss Bass Chorus Pedal that has a few scuffs from gig use, but it's built like a tank and still sounds great. $10, obo. SOLD.

And I should add, for everyone interested: Paypal prefered, cashiers check or money order accepted. Personal checks will fly if you're a resepected talkbass.com member (that doesn't take much, so we'll leave it to my discretion ;) )- plus they will have to clear.

Feedback available:
    pjarmstrong @ eBay
    PJ @ www.beerology.com/ars/

Paypal account is patrick.armstrong@colorado.edu .

I can't believe noone wants Bertha...

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  5. I want the ABG...

and I'd like to know what a chorus pedal exactly does...

e-mail me or something!
    osama_spears11@hotmail.com

-Jon:oops:

6. OK, the chorus pedal is SOLD.

The Applause is SOLD.

Stands are SOLD.

7. Your 3rd in line for the Applause.

A chorus pedal tries to make your bass sound like 2 basses - one is exactly what you play, the other is slightly detuned. The result is a "chorusing" effect.

8. sounds awsome...how much would shipping cost? I live in Maryland.

9. You can either post them here or email me at chaoslord99@hotmail.com whichever you prefer. As soon as I see them I will let you know if the $40+shipping is on it's way.

Thanks alot.

10. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    im intrested in the 18, how much for shipping?

11. Here's a few pics of the Applause:
    http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~armstrop/ApplausePics

I guesstimating a 75 lb cabinet, so that's about $50 to zip 53538 via UPS (I used their cost estimating tool on ups.com - so it might change a little, either way).

I'm also guessing shipping on the guitars would be about $20, but we'll get exact numbers once I know where it's going.

12. Per request, here's the stands.

13. how much would the shipping cost for the acoustic bass? thats if no one wants it anymore...

thanks!

(I live in Maryland,USA)

14. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    If your other 1.2 million interested parties back out on the Applause, I'm your guy!

15. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    you have PM on the stands, thx , Mal

16. I'll pass on the Applause. Next in line...

17. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    That's me - woohoo! PM sent on the Applause... I figured it was a done deal.