Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Moving sale! Combo and cabs...

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by misterk73, Jun 19, 2004.

1. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Hi. I'm relocating from Chicago, IL to Flagstaff, AZ soon and want to get rid of some gear to help finance the move and lighten my load. I would prefer not to ship any of this stuff, but I will do so if you're willing to pay all costs and/or do it C.O.D. If you don't live in the immediate Chicagoland area, I may be willing and able to drive and meet you somewhere -- just let me know what you have in mind. I don't have pics at the moment and the gear is in storage, but I will make a special trip to take some photos upon request IF you're serious about buying. Please PM me with questions and requests or to work out details. It may be worth mentioning that I have flawless eBay feedback as fav_sun.

So, having said all that, I've got the following gear to sell:

AMPEG B248 COMBO. B2 head integrated with a 4x8 cab. Input w/ passive/active switch. Parametric and graphic EQ. Limiter. DI with pad. Preamp out and power amp in. Effects loop. 200 watts (350 with extension cab.) Casters. Heavy-duty spring-loaded handles. Well used -- structurally solid, but missing a couple of knobs (stems are intact and functional) and a slider for one of the EQ bands has broken off. Some tears in the black tolex, too. Sounds great, though--tight and punchy. MSRP was $1100, bought new for $800 or so, asking $400 firm.

AGUILAR GS112. This was a demo model that I picked up secondhand from a pro in Chicago. Sounds great, some signs of wear on the carpet and corners, but nothing major -- some cat hair is really the worst of it. Asking $275 firm.

Avatar 115. Bought this about three years ago as an extension cab for the B248. Don't know much in the way of specs or construction, but it's a good sounding, reliable cab. 8 ohms. Two 1/4" jacks on the back. Plastic corners. Black metal grille. Recessed handles. Some carpet and corner wear, but this is in excllent shape. Asking $100 firm.

2. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    What is power handling for the Aggie? 4 or 8 ohm?

3. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    200 watts at 8 ohms, 350 watts at 4 ohms with an 8-ohm extension cab.

4. Nick Wagner

Nick Wagner

Feb 24, 2003
    WA, USA
    Is the avatar $100+s/h? or is it 100 shipped?

5. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Asking prices I listed do NOT include shipping. I think someone's already agreed to buy the Avatar, and will post here when/if the deal goes through...

6. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    The AVATAR cab is sold!

7. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Slasher:
    Look above your original post. The Avatar is sold. Good luck, though.
    Cheers!

8. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City

Aren't these the amp specs? I was referring to the Aguilar speaker you had. Is it still for sale?? 4 or 8 ohm?

Thanks!

9. GS112's are only 8 ohms.

10. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Sorry, man. I read the original post too quickly and gave you specs for the combo amp. Yes, the GS 112 is still for sale, and here's what I know about it (from the Aguilar Website):

+ One 12" cast frame woofer, 56 oz. magnet
    + Power handling: 300 watts
    + Impedance: 8 ohms
    + Phenolic tweeter with integral phase plug
    + Custom crossover with variable tweeter control
    + One Neutrik Speakon and two 1/4" inputs
    + Frequency response: 42 Hz to 16 kHz
    + Sensitivity: 102 dB @ 1W 1M
    + Heavy-duty spring loaded handle
    + Interlocking corners
    + Dimensions: 14"H x 19"W x 18"D
    + 7-ply, void free Philippine mahogany