Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Moving Sale: Modulus, Bolin, SWR Goliath Sr. more...

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Akito, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    Moving across the US is an expensive venture. The gap between employment here and in my new location has gotten a bit longer than I expected. I need to raise some funds, and I'm putting up some gear to see what might sell. I don't want to sell any of my basses, but something's got to give. I'm putting all three of my nicest basses for sale. I really only need to sell one of them. I'll let you guys decide which one (if any of them) goes. I am very happy with all of these basses, and what's more they all just suit me and my personality and playing really well. Financially I just need to sell one, and I am happier letting the market decide than picking one out myself for the auction block. All basses have a hard case. Pictures below. I'll take check, money order or paypal. You must handle paypal fees.

First I've got the SWR Goliath Sr. In terrific shape, no issues whatsoever. A great cab and you can find the specs on SWRs site. I'm not taking this cab across the country with me, it's too big. Local sale $500, shipped $575. pics below

T.C. Electronics M-300 rackmount dual processor. $115 shipped. Like new. The Chorus, Flanger, and Phasers are particularly nice for bass applications. I'll throw in a footswitch, assuming it hasn't been packed away already.
    M300 is a Dual Engine Processor with high quality Reverbs and Effects.The M300 Dual Engine Processor covers virtually any effects application, from PA and Live to Studio and Club Installations by combining a dedicated true Stereo Reverb engine and a Multi-purpose Effects engine.

Modulus Quantum 5 string. $1550 shipped. Blackstone finish, alder body, EMGs 18 volt pre, relief adjustment. 2001 model. Chrome hardware. I love this bass. Why am I moving again??? Pics below

Bolin NS fretless five string $1400 shipped. Emg and Piezo bridge. Trans black with a nice flamed top. Mwah for days and great intonation. Locking tuners etc. Great bass, and the only fretless Bolin I have seen. Originally a NAMM show bass. I think this bass was a quite a find, and I hate to put it up for sale, but this is like playing cards with the devil.
    If the Modulus and Marchlewski aren't safe, the Bolin ain't either.
    2002 or 3 model I don't recall right now. Pics below

Marchlewski Headless Singlecut 4 string $1900 shipped. Led side markers and backlit inlay with on/off switch. bartolini pickups and 18 volt pre with passive option. Accepts double ball strings. Optional d-tuner for e string. Trans black over quilted maple top and ash body. Macassar ebony fretboard. Custom knobs, custom everything blah blah blah nothing special ;) . You know you don't want this one! I forgot to mention a nifty little thing- the leds in the side are fiber optics all running from one led in it's own compartment. You can switch the led any time you want to any color you want. I've never done this because red is the bomb, but it's sorta cool anyway.

Gameboy Advanced $80 shipped. Why pracice when you can play video games? :eyebrow: 3 games, car charger and carrying case. Madden 2005, Midway Arcade Classics (defender,joust,robotron,sinistar), and Lord of the Rings- the Third Age. This is a few weeks old- like new condition.

Schecter Original Pete Townshend Telecaster $850 OBO. Blue Book value is 1350-1700 depending on condition. This one's in great shape. Black with white binding. Made by the original Schecter company in 1982. This is not one of the new inferior PT teles you see these days. Original pickups and hardware, original case.Excellent condition, very minor scuffs and some fading of the black bridge from play. Frets in good shape. Bought this from a nice gentleman who had kept it unplayed in it's case for the last 17 years. Dual humbuckers with push/pull coil tapping. I have owned two original Schecter teles, one was stolen from me, and I never thought I would put this one up for sale, they are difficult to find. BUT it's time for some tough decisions. Besides this is a bass forum, I'm sure no one will want this. BTW Schecter will custom make a guitar to the original specs for around 2 grand, but they can't use the tele headstock like the originals.
    Anyone else a WHO fanatic like me?

I'm depressed :(

Pictures below. I will edit this original post if anything sells.
    Thanks to Kurisu for buying my Accugroove cab. He's a good guy to deal with.
    Feel free to make me offers, but this is hard enough, don't lowball me too much! NO TRADES, I'm happy with my gear, but need cash. If anyone wants to discuss a local sale just PM me. If none of this sells I won't be heartbroken, I'll find another way to raise some extra cash, but good sense tells me I need to move at least some of this. When I have such a large financial commitment coming, it's hard to justify keeping so much invested in gear. Thanks for looking!

2. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    SWR
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Bolin again
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    The Schecter looks like this one. I'll get actual pics up soon.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. It makes me sad that you have to sell any of this stuff. I think there should be plenty of interest in that guitar; it is gorgeous. Good luck, I hope everything works out.

6. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    Some more pics of the Marchlewski.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    Yeah me too, but the last 3 years I have been on a binge of gear, and even though I knew this move was coming up, I didnt anticipate the strain it would put on my family. I've been flexing the credit cards a bit too much after having my debt down to almost nothing. This moment I have other concerns on my mind- regrets, if any, will come later. Maybe none of this will sell? hehe

8. PM sent

And will you be going through South East Kansas?

9. SharkB8

SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    NorCal
    2 'lewskis up on the auction block at the same time.....

I think I'm gonna be sick.... :help:

:bawl:

10. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    Yeah really. The irony is, if my situation was slightly different, or if Basso had decided to go through with the sale a while back, I would own his bass right now! My plan is to sell one of the above basses. Whichever sells first. Then keep the other two and try to get past the next 3 or 4 weeks. I'm letting fate and my fellow TBers decide this one. I don't think I could ebay any of my instruments, I just feel too strongly about them.

11. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

pm sent

12. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    you have lost your mind!!!! :)

13. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    Just bumping this once. After this weekend I might yank this thread and unravel the whole sweater.

14. Did you ever find out if you are going to be near south east kansas?

15. But you know what? You might be putting my fretless up for sale as soon as you got it! So I'm HELPING you! ;)

Akito, you TOTALLY should not sell the 'Lewski or the Modulus!! Sell the Bolin and maybe an extra cab. Don't sell the ones you are dearest to...or the ones you would gig on the most.

16. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I would kill for that Bolin

17. Well, there you go! :smug:

18. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    Yeah that's good heartfelt advice. I just had a weird thing happen when I was mulling over what to put up for sale. I just couldn't decide between my basses. I really was more comfortable letting "fate" or demand decide. I didn't think it would come to selling any of my gear, but the move process has gotten much more complicated than I imagined. Also the original deal on my house fell through and the new deal has a much accelerated time table. I basically have 9 days to get out. See I also have 3 full size dogs to deal with on a 2100 mile roadtrip hehe. I'm having trouble coming up with room for my gear in the vehicle we will be driving, but the last thing I want to do is let the moving company stack 2 tons of furniture on top of my basses. I'm actually considering UPSing my instruments to myself :eyebrow:
    If I don't make a deal on any of this stuff, I'll just have to go a little more into debt. No biggie, it's just a trying time right now.

19. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    Here's another pic just for fun
    [​IMG]

20. That's actually a good idea. I would do that. You could sell the cabs though since they are not as "individual" as the basses.

I would still sell the Bolin though....just me