Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Moving strapknob on Epiphone EB-0

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by miktit, Jan 5, 2004.

1. miktit

miktit Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2001
    Denmark
    Hi there.

I recently bought an Epiphone EB-0 shortscale bass which sounds great, and it's very cheap too.

My only problem is that the strapknob is placed on the back of the bass with one of the neckplate screws. When using a strap the balance is quite bad, so I want to move the knob somewhere else. The horns (isn't that the word?)of the bass are quite pointy so I can't place it as it is on my Fender.

Are there any B-0 owners who have a suggestion for where to put it? It would be great if you have pictures of it as well.

Mikkel Tiedt - Copenhagen, Denmark

2. Hey-

I don't own a EB, but I happened to read a thread on the bass forum that might help. Guy there was looking for ideas on what to do with a EB style body he got from Warmoth, Anyway, someone mentioned how neck heavy EB's are, and the factory solution was to put the upper strap button on the back of the bass to improve the balance. An alternative was to move the strap button on the end(bridge) of the bass. Basically, it sounded like moving the one on the end would shift where the weight is distributed better than moving the one on the back of the body, and make it hang better.

Course, I'm guessing the neck keeps dropping and that's what you don't like.

If that's not the problem well... nevermind my babbling.;)

Bob

3. miktit

miktit Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2001
    Denmark
    Hi Dryheatbob.

Do you have a link to that thread?

My problem isn't the neck being heavy. The feel is just different because the strap button is on the back of the body. I guess I'm gonna try to place the button on the horn pointing towards the neck.

Mikkel Tiedt - Copenhagen