Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

moving to Germany

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sDg, Nov 11, 2003.

1. sDg

sDg

Feb 26, 2003
    Wise, Virginia
    Well, it appears that sometime in the next six months, I will be moving to Germany. It all sounds very cool and exciting. Then I began to wonder if I would be able to use my rig there.

I use an Alembic F-1X preamp into a QSC power amp. Both of which are rated at 120V. Is this going to cause a problem? For those of you who have played on both sides of the Atlantic, what steps do you take to deal with the differences in power? Any other suggestion you could offer that would keep me from blowing myself up would be appreciated.

sDg

2. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    You will need a converter. Any radio-hack will have one...

Germany is very cool. (The Autobahn ROCKS!)

The beer is worth the trip alone..

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    All I can tell you is that we have 230V/16A, you you either need a converter/transformer or have someone modify the power supplies or your amp.

4. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Contact QSC at 1-800 QSC AUDIO about getting your amp converted from 120V to 230V.