Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Moving to Ohio...a little help?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jay, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Well folks, I'm sitting here in southeast Texas wondering how to move across the country to southern Ohio. My idea so far is this: WORK...work and save as much money as I can. I can transfer schools up there along with transferring scholarships because the ones I have are private and not confined to Texas. I want to move in the summer of 05, that'd give me plenty of time to get things settled. I don't need a place to live up there right away, I have friends up there with whom I can stay while I house-hunt. I can get myself and whatever I take up there, stay with my friends, work and save and work and save, get myself established, find a place to live in the area.

How does that sound? This is my first try moving away, so I want to get it right. What am I missing?

2. Well one of the thing you should start to do is aclamate your self to the cuisine! Being from Texas, your used to real chilli!

I was in Cincinnati for a while and what they have there is NOT Chilli :spit: Its this water souplike stuff that they flavor with chocolate and cinnamon and laddle it over spagetti thats been cooked for about 6 months. Then they call it a 3way if it has cheese 4way +beans 5way +raw onion. Imagine my surprise at 17 when I first moved there, my older cousin took me out with his girlfriend. We got lit and then went to Skyline Chilli. She leaned over next to me and asked me if I ever had a "threeway" Well I sat there like Beavis "yaaa I'm gona score, huh huh" Untill my cousin said no you idiot the chilli!!!

Anyway sounds Like you have a good plan. I moved around alot and at first its difficult, but If you have friends there the transition won't be to hard. Make sure that you take the time to have some fun between your working and saving.

3. classic!

4. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Haha, that's great! Three way...dang, nice! ;)

You're right, I spent most of the summer up there and was a little surprised at the cuisine. It wasn't too bad except that there was no spice. Luckily, I'm vegetarian. Veggie food, from my experience, is basically the same everywhere, so no worries. I had some awesome black bean tortilla roll up things in Columbus. There's a little Chinese place there called the Rice Bowl...my my, it's fabulous! I will miss my crawfish etouffée though. :( That's ok, I'll live. Oooh, gumbo too. Hmm....

5. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    what part of ohio are you moving too? im 30 minutes from cincy. most of ohio isnt that bad espicaly if your in the sothern part.

6. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Around Wellston, Jackson, Rio Grande, etc. I'm looking to live in either Jackson or Wellston, going to school at Rio U. Very country, haha.