1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Moving to the Boston Area at the end of August!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by damonsmith, Jun 7, 2016.

1. damonsmith

damonsmith

May 10, 2006
    Quincy, MA
    The second big announcement! We are moving to the northeast (somewhere near Boston/ Cambridge) at the very end of August!

Following her defense in August, my girlfriend will begin her new position as a curatorial fellow at Harvard’s Busch-Reisinger Museum, where she will work on an exhibition celebrating the Bauhaus centennial. The Busch-Reisinger is the foremost American collection of German art, so we are both thrilled she found the perfect position to continue her research right out of school.
    Houston has been great and we will miss it. I look forward to cool weather and all the great musicians in that area.
    I hope to meet some of you in that area. I will, of course be looking for bass students!

2. PaperbackRyder

PaperbackRyder Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Maynard, MA
    bring your own shovel

the_Ryan and kulit17 like this.
  3. damonsmith

damonsmith

May 10, 2006
    Quincy, MA
    It will take 10 Siberian winters to finally cool down from 5 disgustingly hot and humid Houston summers! I can't wait to shovel snow!

4. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    You're going to have a great time in Boston. There's a lot of music, and a ton of musicians, who are right up your musical alley, Damon.

And y'know, we're only an hour or two north and we have a whole state full of snow ready for you!

damonsmith likes this.
  5. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    That's great! I love Boston and Cambridge and have had many great experiences there. And to be affiliated with Harvard is really exciting.

6. damonsmith

damonsmith

May 10, 2006
    Quincy, MA
    I ended up getting a place in Quincy, Max Roach wrote a tune about Quincy with the Ray Draper Art Davis band:

and some really cool gigs in NYC and Cambrige!
    Calendar » Damon Smith

It looks like I will be able to keep some Houston and Bay Area students by Skype and hopefully I will pick up a few New England students. Skype lessons and better than I thought, actually.
    I am ready to cool off up there, that is for sure!!

7. Lee Moses

Lee Moses

Apr 2, 2013
    Tennessee
    It's a beautiful place, especially for the next couple of months. I enjoyed my time there, and I'm sure you will too. Love those steak and cheese sandwiches!