Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Moving up the ladder, need some help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zenergizer, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Zenergizer

Zenergizer

Jun 6, 2005
    Hello Talkbass!

This is my first post/thread on these boards. It already seems like a very cool place. Although it is a bit intimidating, as I seem some of you wield 8-10 string basses. This is were my first question on TB comes into play...its about ERBs.

I've played bass for a few years now, and I'm looking to move up the musical ladder. I want to get a nice, solid 6 string bass. Nothing thats overly flashy though, seeing as I don't have the largest amount of cash.

By the end of the summer I'll have around $1,000 dollars saved up. Maybe a bit more. Plus, I'll be selling my SRP400 if I get a 6er, so thats a little more cash in the pocket.

Now, all I need are a few suggestions for 6ers in that price range. I figured you folks would be the ones to ask. I was thinking maybe a Cort Curbow 6, or a Carvin. I'm actually pretty lost, Lol!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    Cort curbows are a very solid bass for like $450. But they're made of a synthetic material which isnt for everyone. Check out the ibanez SR505, its about $550, and it rocks. Heard so much good feedback about it. Check out the Ibanez btb406qm, thats pretty good to.

Hopefully that will give you a start.

3. i really like brice 6's,
    they can be had for very cheap...rondomusic.com