Moving up the ladder, need some help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zenergizer, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Zenergizer

Jun 6, 2005
    Hello Talkbass!

This is my first post/thread on these boards. It already seems like a very cool place. Although it is a bit intimidating, as I seem some of you wield 8-10 string basses. This is were my first question on TB comes into play...its about ERBs.

I've played bass for a few years now, and I'm looking to move up the musical ladder. I want to get a nice, solid 6 string bass. Nothing thats overly flashy though, seeing as I don't have the largest amount of cash.

By the end of the summer I'll have around $1,000 dollars saved up. Maybe a bit more. Plus, I'll be selling my SRP400 if I get a 6er, so thats a little more cash in the pocket.

Now, all I need are a few suggestions for 6ers in that price range. I figured you folks would be the ones to ask. I was thinking maybe a Cort Curbow 6, or a Carvin. I'm actually pretty lost, Lol!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
  2. primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    Cort curbows are a very solid bass for like $450. But they're made of a synthetic material which isnt for everyone. Check out the ibanez SR505, its about $550, and it rocks. Heard so much good feedback about it. Check out the Ibanez btb406qm, thats pretty good to.

Hopefully that will give you a start.
  3. i really like brice 6's,
    they can be had for very