Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Moving!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by pigpen02, Jun 9, 2003.

1. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    Finally, i'm getting out of Virginia and back to Florida. Recently spent memorial day weekend in Fort Walton Beach/Destin, and i've fallen in love. It's just beautiful, miles and miles of beaches, low cost o' living, quiet, full of Floridians. I grew up in Tampa, and have been away and missing it for a tough eight years now.

i went to the beach the sunday before memorial day, walked out away from the parking lot, around some rocks and.....look right, look left, not another human being in sight. and no seagulls for some reason (rats of the sky.) just the wind on sand and the waves....ahhhhh.

so, i can't wait. moving over july 4th, just got a job offer teaching at a really great place, uni offering graduate degrees in my field is Right On The Water. couple decent music stores, pretty busy music scene from what i saw; every corner bar had some blues trio or other.

the cost of living is ridiculous. we (my girlfriend, her sister, my bud, and i) just signed to rent a house, two miles from the beach, 5 bedrooms, 1700 sqft., $800 a mo. that's sick! i pay more than that for a two bedroom apt. now.

I'm so stoked, i just had ta share. Any
    Tb heads down that way?

2. East Coast Represent! :D

congrats man...