Mozilla Not Displaying Pictures (including the "New Thread " button)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by invisiman, Dec 7, 2004.

1. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    And for the record, I'm posting this using IE :smug:

Mozilla was fine up until sometime tonight, when I noticed peoples avatars were not visible, then I noticed that pictures were not showing, and certain links that are attached to picture had all but dissapeared. I have no idea what I did, or any clue as to waht to do, so all help is appreciated :help:
  2. Fire Fox is working just fine for me..maybe it's because you are in Moose Jaw Canada and it's too cold for Mozilla to work??? Sorry I wasn't any help.. but how cold is it there right now??? :help:
  3. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    It's about -20 degrees celcius out there right not, if I'm not mistaken. Unofortunatley, I seem to be a lot more succeptible(sp?) to the cold this year.
  4. -20 degrees celcius..woe! thats like -100 degree F here in the US right?... It's really cold here, it's like 53 degrees Fahrenheit right now..burrrr...
  5. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I don't think it's quite that low in farenheit :p
  6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I've been getting the same thing - and I'm using IE and Windows 200- I was wondering why it started not to show any graphics and was just about to ask.. :confused:
  7. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I'm using XP. I'm trying to remember what all I did that could have caused it. Did you happen to use Spy-bot/Adaware, or MSconfig? Those are the only three programs I remember running outside of iTunes, and my internet browsers.
  8. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    This is the program that everyone says I need to be running instead of IE? Sounds awesome! Sign me up!

9. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Quiet you :p

If we happen to have any experts browsing tonight, could it maybe be AdBlock gone berzerk?
  10. Hmm, sorry I can't help. Using firefox now, no issues. I don't know what's going on.
  11. Same here. Checked Firefox, seems fine.
  12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

My system was just short on memory - I had a load of applications open that weren't releasing memory.
  13. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    That doesn't seem like an option for me, given only Mozilla is not displaying pictures. I'm still waiting on a god sent techie to help me here :p
  14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Wow, I can't wait to get rid of this stupid IE and go to Mozilla. Who needs to see some lousy pictures anyway, right?

15. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

This may seem obvious, but you may have accidently disabled your images. Go to Tools --> Options --> Web Features and make sure that "Load Images" is checked.

Or if you wanted to do it the somewhat advanced way for the same effect, you can enter "about:config" into your address bar and use "network.image.imageBehavior" in the filter bar. Ensure that the value is set to 0 and not 2.

And to all you Firefox naysayers, you are dead wrong. The Book of Mozilla says so...