1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MP Jag in BEAD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Big mark, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Big mark

Big mark

Jun 12, 2010
    Hi all, is anyone running the MP Jag in BEAD tuning, curious how the short scale deals with the B and what strings people are running.
    Cheers
    M

2. rockscott

rockscott

Aug 28, 2010
    massachusetts
    The mp jag is not a short scale!

3. Big mark

Big mark

Jun 12, 2010
    Really? I honestly thought it was

4. Squier makes the only Jag in short scale.

5. Big mark

Big mark

Jun 12, 2010
    Ahh that's where I have got confused, senior moment!
    In which case yahoooo BEAD no issue, even closer to pulling the trigger

6. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    I know it well for I'm coming from tradin' my former one with a Reverse Jaguar, which actually is 32", so medium scale.
    They accomodated front strap pin right aside the heel, parallel
    to the neck (Reverse Jaguar) so much so that neck itself got inserted an inch more inside the body, while the brand new Fender HiMass bridge (slightly resembling topload Leo Quann's BadAssII) is, in its turn, applied another inch more inside the body as well...

MP Jaguar is absolutely "regular" down this aspect
    Good luck with your deep lowend experimentation!

Cheers,
    Wallace

7. harmendebresser

harmendebresser

Mar 11, 2010
    the Netherlands
    Endorsing Artist: Höfner, Pyramid Strings, Dr. No FX & Asterope cables
    Ciao Wallace, you did what?!
    The reversed Jaguar looks sweet, but why did you get rid of the MP?
    Got me all excited about it ; )

8. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    So we're planning an extemporary "reunion" (not my traditional thrash metal band... we're still together... I'm here talking about our
    "fun driven only" cover project)

as we're replanning a bunch of '80s metal extravaganza (from Motley Crue to W.A.S.P. to Priest to 'Leppard and Scorpions) I found very exciting to buy something really kitsch (yet huge)
    a Fender Reverse Jaguar (tuned E, A, D, G for it's only 32") and an ESP/LTD Phoenix (tuned D, G, C, F for it's pure 34")

Cheers,
    Wallace

9. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    The Reverse Jaguar may look sweet (depends on your taste) but I hope you don't play much above the 15th or 16th fret if you get one because that will be difficult. The guy in the Fender demo video doesn't even get close! A 32 inch scale isn't great for down tuning because not only is the scale length going in the wrong direction, the string selection is constricted too. If you want to do BEAD on a Jaguar the Modern Player or one of the other long scale models is your best bet. I think you really have to love the look to get the Reverse Jag, or you have to be a lefty who is willing to convert it and then you probably will have to relocate those knobs....

Ken

10. harmendebresser

harmendebresser

Mar 11, 2010
    the Netherlands
    Endorsing Artist: Höfner, Pyramid Strings, Dr. No FX & Asterope cables
    I see! Yes, it looks kinda like a Thunderbird I suppose.
    Got my Squier VM drop tuned also (D down to C too) so I'm still thinking of adding one more for standard E. But it's more likely to be a VM than an MP. No way did you just put the idea of the Reversed Jag in my mind. No way ; )