Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MP3.com or IUMA?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Apr 25, 2003.

1. My band is gonna be putting some recordings online fairly soon, for posterity's sake (I'm graduating and moving back to Chicago at the end of May). We were thinking about using MP3.com, but a friend who produces electronica has indicated that IUMA is a lot more useful. What are your experiences with these two?

Will either of them allow us to use non-original material? We do a killer cover of "Red Clay" but we don't want to have to contribute to the Get Freddie Hubbard Some Blow Fund.

2. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    From what I've heard, IUMA involves fewer hassles. MP3.com used to be awesome, but then changed their policies 2-3 years ago, and I haven't kept up since then.

3. leftundone

leftundone

Mar 14, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I don't think it will hurt to have you music up on both Iuma & MP3.COM. MP3.COM is much better though. You can put cover songs up there, but you end up paying around $40 per song. MP3.COM helped out my band a tun. We've sold CD's in over 25 countries & have people listening to us in over 100 countries every month.

Check it out
    http://www.mp3.com/leftundone

4. leftundone

leftundone

Mar 14, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I need to add a few thoughts to my first reply. You might want to put your music up on IUMA if you have more than 3 songs to put up there & you don't want to pay $$$. MP3.COM charges a little bit to become a Premium member, but I think it's worth it. They will feature your songs if they like them. I would put your music up on both if you have the time.

Sean
    http://www.mp3.com/leftundone

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Does he still do that stuff?

6. :D

I wouldn't doubt it. Cocaine isn't something from which one can easily walk away.