Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MP3.COM WARRIOR RADIO

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Gregory Bruce Campbell, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Gregory Bruce Campbell

Gregory Bruce Campbell

Apr 14, 2002
    Helena, MT U.S.A 59602
    BEE basses, Morley pedals
    I just updated my mp3.com radio station:

http://stations.mp3s.com/stations/285/warrior_instruments_artists.html

I keep up w/ it by using the artist list at www.warriorinstruments.com... I search the names in the mp3.com database and add the artist if they are there...

If you play a warrior and would like to be included:

Just post mp3.com ARTIST NAMES , NOT the express URL, in this thread...

Tell me the tune that features a Warrior instrument on your mp3.com site and I'll add it/them in due time!artist names ARTIST NAMES

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Problem is, who knows what basses they're using on the recordings? I looked at Keith Horne and Adam Nitti and they both have a number of instruments, and no mention of which was used for what.

So it's not really a good way for people interested in hearing a Warrior to do so. . .

3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    More than likely, Adam Nitti was playing his Curbows, and not a Warrior. In fact, I'd be willing to put money on it.

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    adam just got his warrior not too long ago. those are curbows and lulls..

5. Right--Adam Nitti didn't start playing Warrior until 'Evidence". Most of the stuff on "Balance" was the Curbow 6, I believe, and the odler "Liquid Blue" stuff was Curbow or the Roscoes that he used to endorse.

Likewise, the Keith Horne stuff on MP3 is all fairly old, well before he became a Warrior endorser, and I suspect it was mostly done on a Smith or a Lakland.

Mike

6. Gregory Bruce Campbell

Gregory Bruce Campbell

Apr 14, 2002
    Helena, MT U.S.A 59602
    BEE basses, Morley pedals
    My station is for the community of Warrior artists, not a demonstration per say of the Warriors (as of yet anyway)...

I want to change that though...

But, for the time being Adam and Keith will remain on the station because they do play Warriors...

As they record w/ their Warriors, and make the music available I will remove tunes that do not feature Warrior instruments. All in due time...

They ARE listed as Warrior artists at the Warrior web site ... that was the criteria I chose to begin the station...

I posted to merely INVITE players who do have Warrior recordings available to join the community...

It is amazing how far "the telephone game" can change the original intention of a thread sometimes!

:D

Any way, some of you obviously checked the station out, and I appreciate it, thanks!

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    For those who may not know
    Adam did not use a Warrior bass on 'Evidence,Balance,or liquid Blue. plus he didn't his Warrior untill Jan.of this year.

8. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA

9 string's waging a battle against internet radio stations and he needs warriors to help in his cause....pass it on!!! :eek:

9. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    That's true. I've got Evidence and there's no Warrior on there. He used a Curbow 5, Curbow 6, Mike Lull 5 and a Stingray 5. I don't even think that he got the Warrior until a few months ago. What Jauqo said about January sounds about right.

10. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I was with Adam the day he got the Warrior.but really the thread was about taking a listen to guys who are playing a Warrior bass on their chosen track.lets not turn this into something else.

11. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    adam now has a warrior 5 and 6 string...