mp3 file-sharing programmes for Mac

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by parrott, Mar 15, 2003.

1. I know all the arguments about this, I know it's illegal (usually) etc, etc

What mp3 file-sharing programmes are there for Mac, OS-9 or OS-X?

I've looked for ages, I had LimeWire for a while, but I didn't think much of it, and I haven't found one since.

What ones are there out there? Are there any that use the Kazaa servers?:confused:

PS: is that the right "programme"? Or should it be "program"?
  2. slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    well, I, too, have searched for some good mac file sharing programs (it is said program) but to no avail, i found that limewire is probably the best.... But you never know. There are always new programs popping up allover the place. Just keep an eye on they usually have all of hte ltest software for that sort of stuff.

on another point... Aren't macs great? if my computer was a girl, she would be in playboy. oh yeah baby.

:D :D
  3. That's worthy of a different thread. What I've got is a bottom of the range 15" angle-poise one, it was a cheap, end of line deal, and it pretty much blows every PC I've used out of the water! From the really fancy, brand-new top-of-the-range Dells at college, to my custom built (read: home-made, or assembled, I guess) PC here at home. It's ace.

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I used to use but then I discovered the joy of way more comprehensive than, and it is constantly being updated, and its pretty fast most of the time too.

as for a mac ftp, audiogalaxy is available for mac I believe, furthermore I think there is a kazaa for OS X(or kazaa clone)
  5. I thought AudioGalaxy was long dead? I remember when the RIAA got it.

And what's the Kazaa clone called?
  6. Just thought; if I get some kind of Windoze emulator that's okay online, then I can just get Kazaa, can't I?
  7. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
  8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Right then

check out these

the audiogalaxy thing I was talking about was a client for mac called sputnick...which uses audiogalaxy servers ....if the servers were shut down then I guess it wouldn't work, but you can still look it up

I hear mixed reviews about this one, but its worth a shot

the kazaa clone morpheus is being ported to mac...I don't think its out yet though

there is always hotline the grand-daddy of all file sharing stuff, which works best in conjunction with

KDX, which is a hotline clone, it's in beta stage, but I hear promising things

and of course for the more leet people
    Mirc, I believe Ircle is the mac irc client

I'm not really big on file sharing despite the content of this post ;) I have no problem using kazaa or hotline to get a couple .mp3s of some artist I've never heard before, but other than that I don't use p2p stuff much at all. most of the apps I listed, I've never used, but I hear good things about, from the mac community.