Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MP3's - four songs in one sample (2 mb) FX Selection

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by N*Joy, Apr 10, 2005.

1. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    I've put together a little mp3 sampler of unmastered (just mixed) tunes we recorded this weeked that I thought might be of interest for us FX freaks. It runs as follows:

1. Naked BDDI

2. Guyatone MD3 Delay + MC2 chorus

3. Akai Unibass

4. Akai Unibass + Danelectro PB&J delay then Akai Unibass (admittedly double tracked)

5. Keeley Modded RAT

http://www.2piece.co.uk/MP3/EPmixmedley.mp3

It's a two piece band by the way - bass + v-drums

NJoy!

2. barebones

barebones Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Nice! I love the Akai Unibass and Rat sounds!

Matt

3. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    hey nice clips, butive got a question. in the first clip of teh maked bddi, how did you get that mellow rubbery sound, are you using that bass with the soapbar pickups on your site? my thunderbass doesnt do mellow and rubbery like that, and iwas wondering if that sound was more of your bass or the bddi

4. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Yes, it's the six string - single coil EMG pups.
    It's having the pan smack in the middle so both pups are on full then a slight cut in treble on the bass itself. Actually, it was slightly compressed on the way in so that may contribute but even still the sansamp makes the fatness just as much as the bass.

5. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    im digging all the sounds especially the rat.. that distortion is impressive. and your vocalist is great too.

6. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Thanks man - that's me on vocals too! (re-assuring to hear that as the drummer is not far off tone deaf LOL)

7. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    yeah i wondered if that was you. nah you sound great i wish i could sing like that. id say uve got great potential (but what do i know heh).

so can you play those basslines and sing at the same time? it wouldnt be easy because your vocals arent necessarily in time. i can only sing and play to standard progressions.

8. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Thanks, man. It can all be done live (including vocal fx switching which can be a pain). It took a while to get the more 'detached' vocals down whilst playing but in general it's not been too bad, I've probably kept the playing simpler than I would without vocals so that I don't come unstuck!

9. Hey N*Joy
    We meet again!
    I am stuck at work now and cant listen to the samples :spit:
    Looking forward to getting home :)
    Will be back later

10. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Wow, man. For track 4, that "guitar" sound was the Unibass, right? Was that the part that was double tracked or is that how it sounds. Also, do you have the Unibass running through it's own guitar amp?

Thanks.

11. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK

Yep, unibass double tracked - no guitar amp, just through a cheapo Behringer V-amp (costs about the same as your average boss pedal here so well worth the investment). I always found the sound 'stifled' when mixed in with the bass signal.

12. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Great.

I may be importing a Unibass from the UK in the near future. Do you have a sample of simply you on bass and the Unibass doing its thing. In other words, not double tracked?

TIA

13. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Would you like that with the Behringer v-amp or just the onboard distortion?

I've not got anything recorded at the minute - but it wouldn't take long to knock up so just let me know what you want to hear!

14. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Wow. You're full service! :)

How about this? I don't have a separate amp at the moment. Can you do it all through one bass amp? Then have another clip that has the Unibass through the guitar amp?

Cheers!