1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MR Black Octave II...anyone here gt one?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cnltb, Apr 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    This pedal looks interesting to me but since I can't afford to buy without having at least heard reviews , I am hoping someone here might chime in.
    Thanks!
    :)

2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
  3. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Agreed!
    The octave up sounds like that, which i get from teh effect , included with my recording software.

4. Sounds pretty terrible. I think most of his pedals are FV-1 based. I haven't heard any really good octave up algorithms from anyone using the FV-1... not sure if it is a hardware limitation or the code just isn't there yet.

5. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Those clips are very bad . I have one and I had a Micro Pog and to my ear the MR black sounds more organic and natural and there is almost no delay between string pluck and sound from the amp. So the Micro Pog went away and the MR Black now resides on my board. Just my 2 cents but I think they did a terrible job on the recordings and I think the latency you hear if with the recording equiptment and not the Octave II

6. SteveBass5

SteveBass5 It all sounds the same, It's all one song! Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I Just orders one, I hope it will replace my EBS octabass. We will see.

deepestend likes this.