1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mr. Excane Demos Thread

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Jan 4, 2015.

1. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Hey all!! I'm starting a thread for the demos that MrExcane makes. It seems to me that his demos are an invaluable tool to some of us in the bass effects world. Some of his older ones are a little rough, but you can tell that he's really perfected his methods over time.

I would also like to invite any of you to share your fav demos of his here to help inform others. Maybe even if you have some requests of a pedal you may want to hear a demo of he hasn't done, I can pass the message along to him to see if it's a possibility. If he hasn't done it already.

I know I always get a lot out of his demos and I do know a handful of you know of him and view his demos often. But I think there's a number in our community that haven't heard about him. So I wanted to expose them to his YouTube channel. He usually uses the same bass and amp to demo his pedals which makes the playing field a little more even. Plus I've had the privilege to share some communications with him over the last year and he's a great guy to deal/talk with. He's been a part of the effects world for a while now and I think he has a lot to offer all of us. So without further delay, I present his latest demo!!! The Okko Black Beast!

And here is the link to his YouTube channel: https://m.youtube.com/user/MrExcane

Enjoy!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  2. Bestest demo's on youtube. Too much rock for one hand.

gregmon79 and SunnBass like this.
  3. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    That's a big green light :)

4. dorkyone255

dorkyone255

Feb 16, 2013
    New York
    couldn't agree more... and as a close personal friend in real life - i do blame him for a lot of my gas

heres one of my favorites:

THE LOWSSSS!

sad hes not on there, but follow his Facebook or youtube channel. dudes always more than willing to answer any questions or comments too

top notch guy

5. That Magnetar vid is awesome.

6. Buzz E

Buzz E Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2014
    San Francisco, CA
    He makes every pedal sound great!

zapped777 likes this.
  7. D_Bag

D_Bag

Feb 8, 2013
    Lawrence, KS
    He's been doing a lot of demos for my buddy's pedal company, Center Street Electronics. Here's his video for their Druid fuzz.

jason73, nshuman and gregmon79 like this.
  8. vlsndgrdn

vlsndgrdn

Oct 21, 2013
    Chile
    All of his videos are great tool, but he only show the pedals cranked to eleven and every pedal sound cool by itself cranked to eleven or beyond. Moar low gain!:bassist:

Adam Wright and SunnBass like this.
  9. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Here's one of my recent favorites. Lead to me grabbing one :)

10. These are two of my long time favorite demos (the Supa Tone video was definitely a contributing factor to my purchase of one):

11. vlsndgrdn

vlsndgrdn

Oct 21, 2013
    Chile
    This one change my life. My BB always draw a big smail on my face.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  12. nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    His demos are awesome. They have made my Facebook feed a lot less boring :)

beer&bass, blindrabbit and gregmon79 like this.
  13. Funnily enough, I really like this one:

Would never have considered this pedal otherwise!

14. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I have to say the same. I was playing this morning and I was all smiles and feeling good. It's one of those pedals I'll just play to hear it. This pedal was one of those big tb hypes. Everyone bought one when it first hit. Then some sold them off. I'm glad I kept mine. And added a FET boost internally ;) helped me fall for it even more.

DarkArchitect and nshuman like this.
  15. nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    I have to confess that I still have the JohnK boost waiting to b installed in it. Just never got around to it. I wanted to do it this holiday season, but ran out of time again. This year for sure ;)

DarkArchitect likes this.
  16. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    It's really simple. He made it dummy proof. I still had to contact him a couple times to complete It haha goes to show you how much I know. I still had it done in about 30 min given my inexperience. Guys like john could probably build the circuit and install it in about that time. I always have grounding issues ;) It works though. And I'm super happy with.

17. nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    Yeah, I have the instructions somewhere, it is super simple.

18. Buzz E

Buzz E Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2014
    San Francisco, CA
    Dollar for dollar the best distortion out there...!

19. nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    Some of the few demos where it's not a guy slapping and pretending he's some sort of Jazz-Rock-Funk fusion pioneer.

gregmon79 and bassmusic17 like this.
  20. nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    This guy is the opposite of Mr. Excane: