1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mr. Excane Demos Thread

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Why did I have to see this? I am attracted to anything Peavey for obv reasons.
    This seems higher gain tho, and reminds me of playing my buddy’s weird shaped Washburn guitar through this very same amp when i was a kid.

BrentSimons and gregmon79 like this.
  2. chanson

chanson Supporting Member

Wow that PV pedal is pretty nuts. So low fi sounding in the best way possible.

gregmon79 likes this.
  3. Newbilong

Newbilong

Aug 14, 2018
    Pepers makes great pedals. I've been tempted to get one of these but i still haven't fully explored his Dodsmaskin and i've had that for months now.

gregmon79 likes this.
  4. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Because some of those old Peavey circuits actually rock butts. Not all. But some. I think DBA and some others helped to usher in a whole new audience of Peavey users. There's always been the CVLT but some bands have def helped get their name into some circles that otherwise used to turn their noses up at Peavey.

son_of_mogh likes this.
  5. chanson

chanson Supporting Member

Couldn't resist. Ordered the PV 158!

gregmon79 and Newbilong like this.
  6. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    :bassist:

7. When i first started playing(way way back) my guitar player had that exact combo lol insane distortion as i remember it! But everyone had a peavey amp in those days, and my first amp was a peavey. Affordable and loud, and not bad sounding either.

8. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    New muff demo!! Sounds SAF! Wish I could afford something like this normally.

9. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life.

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, Mo
    Cool, because of the MTD with the Bartolinis and active pre, this sounds like everything else he demos.
    Which isn't a good thing.
    At least he's consistent.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Bigwan likes this.
  10. SkulliesBass

SkulliesBass Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Long Island N.Y.
    I agree that most of his demos sound similar, but I hear the difference in some of these pedals, especially this Toneczar OTP. On it's own and compared to the other pedals in the demo. It's full and clear sounding, yet still grindy. I didn't hear a bad setting, I really like this pedal............Plus I appreciate all the work that goes into these videos.

11. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

BrentSimons likes this.
  12. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    How did it work out?