Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mr. Manring-(and anyone else who might know)

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Freaky Fender, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Mr. Manring, do you know where I could find the sheet music to "The Enormous Room"? I've been wanting to do a solo bass piece for a science class demonstration on sound, and I think with the Harmonic and overtones, it would do greatly.

2. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    i have the tab/sheet music book. i dont knwo if that helps.

3. Can you scan it?

4. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    i dont have access to one give me some time and i might be able to.

5. I would appricate that zongeek! Thank you very much!

6. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    no problem. i think i can get it to you by roughly wednesday easter usa time.

7. Zon, accually, I've recorded my own piece of solo bass work that sounds like "The Enormous Room". It's called "Across An Empty Room." If I could just have the intro, I would appricate it. Would go nicely with the piece.

8. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    alright, ill try to get it to you wednesday.

9. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks for your interest, Freaky. I hope I get to hear your piece someday! I thought I'd mention for anyone who's interested that I did a complete transcription book of my CD, Thonk on which "The Enormous Room" appears. It was published by the Hal Leonard Corp., but I don't know if it's still in print.

10. Do you know where we could get our hands on one? I've been looking everywhere, do you have any copies that I could buy off of you?

11. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    i dont remember where i found my. just a freak thing.

freaky, im sorry i didnt get it to you wednesday. unfortunately after practice my drummer had to leave asap, so i never got to use his scanner. im still trying to fine someone with a scanner to get it to you.

12. Zongeek, thanks for the effort. But that ok. I'll figure something out in the tuning i use for that song. D-G-D-A.

Mr. Manring, I have two links for the song. One for hi-speed connections, or one for dial up. Since I don't know which one you're on, here are both. Across An Empty Room

Dial up-Friendly