Mr Morrisons brown eyed girl

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by tyburn, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Howdy.

AS part of my degree i have to complete an extra course (an elective) in order to pass the year. For my elective i have chosen to do 'band musicianship'.

This week we were put into our performance groups and told to come up with ideas for a cover. We have chosen to cover 'brown eyed girl' by Van Morrison.

The guitarists in my group had the music already and i got by, by playing root and embelishing it a little, a few fills here and there.

We have been told to go away and learn the song for this coming monday, the probleming being that all i can find is a dodgy evil tab.

I know the song well and have the feel, have worked out some parts, but need to know the changes and the middle 8 bass fill.

Does anybody here have a copy of the music for bass, or can help me by pointing me in the right direction or writing it out??

Also while i'm at it, we have to do the Beatles' and your bird can sing'

Again, i know the song, could have a bash at it, but i want to have it down as best as i can> Because the entire elective only has one drummer and one bassist (me :)) others have to sub and we haven't got a drummer. So filling the sound with the right parts are important for both songs

thanks in advance

2. ?? does anybody know it ? :(
  3. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    How long do we have? I think I could write it out for you... I play this song all the time, but I just "know" it -- never had sheet music.
  4. Hey if you can wait till monday I can get it for you, I have a book with the sheet music for the song in it.
  5. thanks guys,

i'm getting by with he beatles song (i was given the music) but for some reason i can't get to grips with brown eyed girl.

i can play the parts, but can't get the feel, do you know what i mean.

if you could send me a copy of the music i'd be very greatful.

i've kinda got to hold it all together, we have 3 guitarists because of the shortage of drummers and bassists.

6. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    Now you got me going. What di you mean, you can play it but you can't get the feel? Do you have a recording of the original to listen to?
  7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Same here. I have been playing that song for a few years, but I learned it by ear.
  8. hey eli,

big change since my last post, i've got the feel.

just need the rest of it, i learnt the main riff by ear, i'd just like to know the otrher parts and order.

i do have the original recording, it just got me annoyed, i have a load of songs to learn at the moment, work, UNI and the rest don't leave me with a lot of free time :(