mr. P is done !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, May 3, 2002.

1. My P-bass project is almost finished !

today i got the call that my extra routing in the body was done, so tomorrow i will go pick it up and put the bass back together.. should be finished in the evening.. will post pics sunday :D
  2. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    really curious to see how it turned out. let us know how it sounds!
  3. will actually record something as an advertisement for the allobass preamp ;)
  4. I remember your original post, stating your project and all...that's awesome that the whole thing actually came together. I'd still be on the couch, watching Tom & Jerry, eating cheerios...

5. Voila.. there she is..

OLD :

NEW :

as you can see. he still needs his neck and strings, and he could use a little polish ( will do tomorrow ).. but you get the idea right ? :D
  6. well, which one :confused: :confused: :confused:

i remember you posting about this bass when you first got it, but i haven't been following the story, how about a link to the thread :D ?

anyway, it looks pretty cool, i'd love to hear him/her!

7. savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    nice, what kind of pick-ups are in that bad boy/girl?
  8. In the neck position is an EMG select passive P-bass pickup, which has very high output and good lows.

In the bridge position is a WooSung humbucker which has a rather nasal sound.. it has good lows and very good mids, alltho the output is a little lower than the EMG.. ( )

i've done some simulations.. looked for a recording of a bass with EMG selects, and a recording of a bass with a WSC humbucker.. then used cooledit to mix these signals together.. gave me a very nice sound with big mids and lows.. perfect for fingerstyle playing.

9. Ahh, a P-Bass customization project! Exactly the thing I'm looking to do with my MIM four-string. Any suggestions on where to start, from those of you who've dug into this? The bridge (of course) is turning into a mess on me...but other than that I really don't know what to do or what parts to look into.

Thanks for any help. I've been playing bass for quite awhile, completely isolated from experienced players to help me out, so you guys are a real resource!! :D
  10. l' result d' finale :D

man oh man does he play nice [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  11. :eek: :eek: OOOHH!! PRETTY!!! :D

I just looks like it sounds great. :D I've gotta do something to mine, now! What kind of bridge is that on there, and what would you recommend?
  12. Gotoh 201.. fits perfect in the existing screw-holes ( :rolleyes: )
  13. but i've got a problem with the wiring..

if you turn either one of them up, you get sound.. but if you turn both of them up, they seem to cancel eachother out :(
  14. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    try reversing the wiring on 1 of the pickups. I had this problem with one of my basses and then reverseing the wiring fixed it. They were out of phase.

15. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Allo looks like you made yourself a killer bass.. I hope you get the canceling problem fixed... because as soon as you give it to me, i don't want to have any problems with it :)
  16. looks great.

yep, sounds like a phasing problem- reverse the signal wires on the WSC humbucker.
    (I assume the EMG Select P has just the screen and one signal wire)
  17. will try that tomorrow, thanx for the tip ! :)
  18. couldn't w8 till tomorrow.. tried it just now.. problem fixed, thanx ! :D the volume does drop a tiny bit when in center position, but that's coz both pickups have different output levels..

i'll get the correct pots & capacitor tomorrow, and then i'll record something.

( it requires 500k pots, and i've got only 200k pots here.. )