Mr. Potato basses??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nick Bibeault, Apr 28, 2003.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    when i heard the name i thought that maybe you could interchange everything.
    now is there a miss potato bass?
  2. Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    assuming we're talking about the same mr. potato...

mr. potato has a shop outside of osan ab. the basses sounded really nice, considering the amps he has to play through. the were comfortable and constructed fairly well. the only problem i had with them is they looked "cheap", meaning they had that $300 bass-look. toward the end of my tour, he got some much nicer looking versions, transparent colors, and i believe the newer ones were neck-through (i'm not 100% sure, it's been a few years). i had considered buying one of the newer ones, but my tour ended a little sooner than expected.

fwiw, ted (the owner of the mr. potato store) did not make these himself. he buys them straight from the manufacturer (sic?) somewhere close to song tan (the town outside the back gate of osan). it is entirely possible that he's not the only one that sells the brand, but he's the only seller that i know of...

3. The basses are actually looking pretty sharp; smooth, nice woodwork, wood designs, etc.

Korea has a high humidity problem and I really would not want to bring one back to the US...But, I guess that they aren't too bad..

Contact LUMP as he is still stationed over there @ Osan....