Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mr. potato specs???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by benhardisme, Nov 2, 2003.

1. benhardisme

benhardisme

Mar 13, 2003
    US
    im considering buying a mr. potato six string bass but id like to know the fret size/type and the thickness of the neck (like at the 1st and 12th frets). i cant seem to get a hold of mr. potato himself (ted kim) so can anyone help me out?

2. When there are bass manufacturers and sellers who promptly respond to emails, such as Dan Lakin and Kurt at Rondo Music (to name only a couple), why would you want to buy a bass from anyone whom you can't get a hold of?

3. benhardisme

benhardisme

Mar 13, 2003
    US
    the reason i decided upon the mr. potato was the string spacing and the price, which are very hard to find in one bass. if you know of another company that sells a six stringer with 3/4" string spacing at the bridge for $385 list plz let me know.

4. Well, I can understand your sentiments because the Mr. Potato 6-string has a number of attractive features.

But if you buy it and have a problem with it, you can pretty much forget about it because the great tuber himself, Mr. Ted Potato Head Kim, won't be responding to you.

:spit: :mad: :spit: :mad:

5. Yup!
    I too was very interested in the Mr. Potato, and got ZERO response from him.

I found a real nice Peavey Grind NTB 6 at my local store for $387. So I put some money down to hold it for me.