Mr. Tobias, New low cost models?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Uforia, May 3, 2002.

1. Mr. Tobias I love the MTD's but at this time can't afford one. I like the Grendals and the Kingstons.
    I was wondering now that the Grendals have been discontinued will you be put out another line of bass's on that level and cost?
  2. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    and what about the Heir? i have seen this bass in online web shops but it is not featured on your site. is it discontinued?

3. richperson

Mar 20, 2002
    There are still some new Grendels available, but not many. Search the bass guitar forum for articles discussing a new Korean made version of the Grendel that is coming in the future.
  4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    there will another model introduced- the Saratoga. Very close to a Korean Grendel- the Heir, as far as i know is alive and well-
  5. michael tobias

michael tobias MTD

Mar 21, 2002
    Thanks for your interest and I am sorry to have taken so long to post a reply.

I have been waiting on the production schedule for the new basses. The Saratoga series will replace the Grendel. It will be essentially the same bass, but coming from the factory in Korea that makes the Heir and Kingston basses. We are expecting the first shipment of Saratoga basses in late June. The first runs will be small so we can check the quality and help organize the production systems to maintain it.

The Heir basses are doing well but alas, my website is slow going. We are working on a complete revision and hope to have it up in the next month.

Best regards,
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Mr. Tobias, as long as we are discussing your low cost basses (though FAR from low quality)...

I play and very much enjoy your Kingston 5 string. Was was wondering, what is the fretboard measurements? Radius? Width at 12th fret? 24th? Thank you.