Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mr.Tobias what is the difference between the Saratoga and Grendal?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by odie, Sep 8, 2002.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

In your opinion what is the difference between the Saratoga and Grendal other than build location??

Also if you dont mind my opinion on your web site.
    I think it would be helpful to have pics of the instruments in the product area.

Thank you.

P.S. mods please feel free to modify my posting if felt necessary.

2. michael tobias

michael tobias MTD

Mar 21, 2002
    The Saratoga is being made in the same factory that makes the Kingston and Heir. There are a few physical differences. The Saratoga will have BFTS and the body is multi-piece basswood rather than alder. We are also upgrading the pickups to a new Bartolini that will have a very similar voice to the exposed pole models but will not hum. The basses should have a bit more bottom while retaining the clear bright top end.

There will also be a fretless version and there may be a lefty in the next year. There are no plans for a 6 string at the moment.

The price also drops from about 2100 for the Cz flametop to 1599 for the Korean version.

Best regards, MT

3. michael tobias

michael tobias MTD

Mar 21, 2002
    The pictures for the site will be up shortly. There will be pictures of each model with the titles on the product page and there may be some new ones for the gallery as well.