1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mrs. Tedious is going to San Antonio, TX

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by tedious1, Jan 15, 2017.

1. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    No, it's not a Rodney Dangerfield bit, even if I don't get any respect...

So I guess it's more a potential-future-third-person-gig-story, which has to have some humor in and of itself...

She's going to be there Monday-Thursday, and she's a live music fan. She's pretty eclectic in her tastes, but she definitely has a soft spot for folksy stuff, but she'll listen to just about anything, particularly in terms of original material.

Nor is Mrs. Tedious overly squeamish, I am a punk player... but by the same token, we live in Canada, she's going to stand out like a sore thumb anyways, so any suggestions? Probably more on the side of tourist-friendly as opposed to tourist oriented, but good music is top of her list.

Thanks in advance.

2. To blend in get her a proper Texas hat like this.

[​IMG]

I love stereotypes. :cool:

ahc, tedious1 and Aberdumbie like this.
  3. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    More in the line of venue suggestions, but thanks!

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  4. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    bump, presuming that works here...

5. I think they have some live places on the River walk. I can't quite recall though. We just went to six flags and Mi Tierra's and then bed. She will want to Check out Mi tierra's though -it is something to see!
    Home Page | Mi Tierra Restaurant & Bakery

6. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    I'm the big Mexican food fan, the Mrs., well not so much, but I put it out there for her. Thanks for the info!

7. bkirk

bkirk

Oct 2, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I would recommend The Cove as a place to go. I played there a few times 3 or 4 years ago.
    Bar/restaurant/patio/Laundromat/car wash. I kid you not. Not sure what they have on the live music calendar. Guy Fieri featured their lamb burger on his Diners Drive Ins and Dives show a few years ago. It's good. And Spicy. I think a lot of their food is locally sourced, if that makes a difference to you.
    For something totally different, I would also suggest Mission San Jose, if she has the time.
    Hope she has fun!
    Bruce

tedious1 likes this.
  8. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    Yeah, the Cove came up trawling through old threads, Mission San Jose is a new one though, I'll pass em both off to the missus!

Thanks again!