1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MSN + MAC

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by crispygoat, Aug 16, 2007.

1. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    Okay I've had enough of this,

anyone else has the same issue ?

I have the official Microsoft Messenger for mac.. it used to work fine but now every time I close a stupid conversation it crashes !

anyone knows how to fix this ?

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Get Windows.

ZOMG BURN!!!

3. repair disk permissions. (disk utility )

4. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario

Not my fault if Micro$oft can't make programs that works for other OSs..

:meh:

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    you know what, i had the same problem and it had to do with an update on safari... i think it was the safari beta... get rid of the safari beta and it will be fine. :)

6. They can barely make programs that work properly on their OWN OSs.

Well, not really. I just had to say it :smug:

7. its true, windows live messenger didnt work on windows vista when vista first came out...

8. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    I used to use Fire for MSN. But that's a while ago, and I see that it is no longer maintained. Worth a try though? It worked well for me.

9. You've got two alternative choices here:

Adium - fantastic multi-platform IM client - does MSN, as well as AIM, Yahoo, GTalk, ICQ and pretty much all the others. Doesn't support webcams though.
    aMSN - an open-source MSN clone that does support webcam. It's written in Java though, which means it's a little on the slow side.

I say go for Adium. It has by far the best interface of any of the IM programs out there.