Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MST3K favorite show/quote?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tuBass, Feb 21, 2003.

1. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    without a doubt, the funniest show ever was the one with Mr B natural. Never laughed so hard in my entire life.

The best line? I small japanese girl make a pouty face, and says "when I grow up I'm going to break up the Beatles"

2. i forget which one it is, but a girl walks past a room with shreaks and screams, and tom servo says "Oh, Robert Fripp must be practicing in there" MY favorite skit is the one with the Andy Rooney-off

3. once, they were watching and there was some kinda tracing screen in the movie, tracking people, and the little dots moving around had little trails following them, like tails. so the guy says "look; sperm races!" and the other guy goes "hey, @$$hole, use your blinker!"

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Just about any of the older ones, especially with Joel, were hilarious, but my favorites were when they'd sing songs, like "Let's Have a Patrick Swayze Christmas."

5. Too many from the show to remember.

The best one I can remember is from the MST3K movie, when they're all looking in at this radioactive thing and they go:

"The latest in kitchen ware technology"

and then the thing bursts into flames and they go:

"My waffle!"

Ahhhh, the memories.

6. i have that one VHS, thats the best...

"Let's see how many times i can skip this thing"

"Cal and Exeter wake and bake everyday"

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    "serum, the new album by rush"

and

"is mary lee there? well, is geddy lee there?"

i loved that show.

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm about to get cable again for the first time in like six years (evil ol' cable). Are any stations running MST3K reruns anymore?

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Teenage Caveman was probably my favorite episode, but sooooo many great lines in sooooo many great shows.

How about Monster-a-go-go? There was the line, that was actually from the movie?

"There was no monster."

2 hours and of this **** and there was no monster!!!

Greatest show ever.

10. your best bet would be SciFi; i don't know if they do play it, but if anyone is, it's them.

11. Saturday morning 9 am

12. thanks; i'm gonna go write that down!

13. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You mean there's a 9 AM now? Man, I gotta start getting up earlier.

14. Hey WR, did you ever beat the game robot city? because i have a bigger version of your avatar hanging in my room

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    MST3K- The Movie:

Servo- "Quick, let is escape under the cover of noon!"

16. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    what a coincidence: my friend and i were doing just this in second hour today at school! talkbass mimicking life, or life predicting talkbass? really makes you think. (no. no, it doesn't.)

from Future Wars--[cop] "we're taking you back into the movie."

from The Legend of Boggy Creek II--"Do you read?" "At a third grade level!"

favorite episodes: Overdrawn at the Memory Bank (on last week. totally horrible.) and Hamlet.

favorite skit: "Poor Art Thou" from Hamlet.

[edit: favorite--from L. "favorire." note the "-ire" and not "-are." the more you know...]

17. They were making fun of some cheap B-Movie when this Michel Keaton look-a-like shows up out of this limo and one of them says "I'm Batman!" in such a hilarious voice I literally fell on the floor.

but i havent seen many episodes :oops:

18. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    My favorite part is from some film with guys wearing shiny silver suits running all over the place. During the credits, a terrible synth song is playing. The guys start singing, "Someday Love will find you. Break those chains that bind you" and it fit perfectly to the song.

Oh, there's another film with some muscular guy in space or something. He keeps shooting guys with a lazer gun. Every time he came on screen, somebody would say something like, "There's Mr. Huge McLargeBig." Funny isht.

19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    never heard of it..I found this picture by chance... I was considering supporting membership so I decided I wanted to get a cool picture of a robot, I did a google search and after d/ling many cool robot images, this one stuck out the most.

I really like it :D

20. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    lol...I thought that your avatar was of Voldo from Soul Calibur fame. :eek: