1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD MTD 434-24

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by CaptainWally, Jan 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Price:
    $2700
    Strings:
    Just bought from a cool TB'er a few days ago.

SOLD - 2011 MTD 434-24 Ash / Maple, Wenge neck & board

azobmwin8o9iqhd9hcfv.

I bought this because I've always wanted to give one a serious go. This thing is in excellent condition, plays like butter and sounds very clear and articulate. It's a work of art really.

Not my thing though. Wrong direction....was thinking Fender Custom Shop Jazz relic would fit me better if anything. But I'm mostly a Lull guy.

I should note that the accurate weight for this MTD is in the 8.8 lb. range...not the < 8 lb. range reported in previous owner's ad.

Comes with OHSC, which is like a freaking bank vault.

Always wanted to give one of these a try. And now I have! :)

$2700 firm + shipping. Paypal ok.

$100 shipping to East Coast.

$75 to Midwest.

$50 to West Coast.

Trades? Eh. You're welcome to try, but consider that I only play 4 fretted string...mostly jazz basses, and it's got to be < 8.5 lbs. I'm not interested in vintage instruments at all. I've been interested in Fender Custom Shop jazz basses, but they are usually too heavy. I've tried almost everything under the sun, and it's unlikely you have something I haven't already checked out and passed on.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. Swalexbass

Swalexbass Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    If this was a 5er, I would've gone for it in a heartbeat. The low B string on the MTDs just heavenly. This is such a good bass though, best of luck with the sale.

3. CaptainWally

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Thanks! This one has a pretty good E string.

4. CaptainWally

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    On hold....