1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MTD 435

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 64lusso, Aug 27, 2012.

1. 64lusso

64lusso

Jan 20, 2006
    central Va
    I bought this bass a few years back on a whim just to see what a modern bass guitar feels and plays like. If you haven't had a chance to play a MTD the way they sit on your shoulder and the feel of them is just great. While it has a lot of tonal options from the Bartolini pickup system I find I only need to tweak it a little when I switch back and forth from pick to fingers.
    My bass playing career (If you could call it that) was over many years ago and now I only play one bass gig a year so this guitar has only three gigs on it under my ownership and judging from the condition of the case and guitar I am guessing it didn't have many gigs on it before I bought it. A MTD business card taped to the inside of the cover plate says Winter NAMM 2000 and a piece of tape on the end of the case says "Ira's bass ship ASAP 415 Fedex and Mahagony 435 #542.
    I am getting old and want to thin down my stuff so not interested in a trade. $2650.00 OBO plus shipping.
    Jay

Attached Files:

2. 64lusso

64lusso

Jan 20, 2006
    central Va
    Can't seem to figure out how to add more than two pictures at once?

Attached Files:

3. 64lusso

64lusso

Jan 20, 2006
    central Va
    Two more, please feel free to ask questions.

Attached Files:

4. MTD fan bump!

5. Tomis17

Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I've been waiting for a 435 to come up fs/ft. If only it were a different finish. Great basses though.

6. bass12

bass12 And Grace, too

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Nice wood combo. I love the look of it! :)

7. 64lusso

64lusso

Jan 20, 2006
    central Va
    Tomis,
    I am not much of a phtographer and the picture of it in the case almost makes it look like a blond finish which it isn't. If you click on the thumbnail photo of the body in my first post that is a pretty accurate representation of the color.
    I am not sure what MTD does in the way of a finish for these guitars. It almost feels like it is just natural wood but I am sure they must do something to provide some protection, anybody know?
    Jay

8. basspipe

basspipe

Dec 19, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    The top looks like maple and the back is mahogany, is that correct?

9. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    It is not often you see a 435 come up for sale, beautiful top.

attachment.

10. 64lusso

64lusso

Jan 20, 2006
    central Va
    Basspipe, Yes I believe you are correct, the little information that came with it just says mahagony but if that top is not maple I don't know what else it could be.

Clint, Thanks for putting that pic up and out front, I am new to this posting pic thing and have some to learn.

11. bass12

bass12 And Grace, too

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    From the MTD site: "the MTD Standard Finish is a catalyzed acrylic urethane satin that looks and feels a lot like oil but is many times harder without building great thickness".

12. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos

Mar 17, 2008
    Ohio
    very nice! GLWTS

13. 64lusso

64lusso

Jan 20, 2006
    central Va
    It is about 8 3/8 lbs.

14. Bump for a fellow 435 advocate! Best of luck what a nice top!!

15. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Beautiful.

No way I can get this, but I'm just curious..are these 35" scale?

16. 64lusso

64lusso

Jan 20, 2006
    central Va
    Yes it is a 35" scale which I thought would be a little long for me as I have very average sized hands at best but something about the shape of the neck and the way it is set up makes it easier to play than my Jazz for me.

17. droskobass

droskobass

Oct 8, 2007
    Montreal, Canada
    Former Part-Time, Non-Commission Employee MOOG Audio
    Very Nice Bass!!

18. AforB

AforB

Jan 26, 2011
    indonesia
    The top s maple burl body maahogani and wenge board and neck, the balance mtd and great woods combination. I believe she sing as greatd as her lookzzz.GLWTS

19. 64lusso

64lusso

Jan 20, 2006
    central Va
    OK it's been a month and I have had a lot of nice compliments on this bass but no great offers as yet so I am now lowering the price to $2350.00 OBO.

20. 64lusso

64lusso

Jan 20, 2006
    central Va
    I still have this bass and am open to offers. Thanks---Jay