1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MTD 535: $1999.00!!! at Guitar Center

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by JonKim, Jan 26, 2012.

1. JonKim

JonKim Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Falls Church, VA or is it Fairfax....Well they have a beautiful MTD 535 that just came in for $1999.99!!!

2. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Nice!

[​IMG]

3. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Oh crap. Why did I have to look?

4. nobes

nobes

Feb 14, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    I can't find it on the website. This one may be gone already. :crying:

5. Alphaman

Alphaman Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2008
    STL
    Looks awfully close to the one posted by a new MTD owner yesterday in the MTD club thread.

6. DirtPoorRobins

DirtPoorRobins

Apr 18, 2005
    VA
    Yup, I called up to buy it, he said he had 20 calls on it, but I was the first to ask to buy it. He went back to weigh it for shipping costs, then when he came back on the phone he told me someone in pro audio sold it!!! I was very upset to say the least, I was seconds away from owning this bad boy!!!

7. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

Sorry to hear that, I've had the sold while weighing happen before too, someone else just tells them a flat rate and they buy it. Worse than that, I bought a T-40 from a GC in CA for $129.99, they charged my card, then a week later I called for a tracking # and they told me they had sold it the day before I called to someone else. I'd like to say all GC employees are complete morons but....dang, can't think of a but

8. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Ya gotta be smoking the ganja to spend 2000 dollars on a bass at a Guitar Center. When you get to those dollars, Guitar Center is not the place to spend it.

9. So when you see a smokin' hot deal you don't decide to check it out? Actually, don't worry about it, less competition for the rest of us ;). Besides folks can spend their money however they like. The guy who grabbed this made a good move by any standard.

10. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I was just kidding around. Beautiful bass.