Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

-MTD 535 #53- She will be mine, oh yes, She will be mine

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mz91, Mar 18, 2004.

1. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Thanks largely to talkbass i suffer from chronic gas.
    And one of the basses that i have always marvelled at was the MTD 535. I think they are the most beautifully formed basses. And the headstock is to die for. But i had to come to terms with the fact that here in Europe it would be near impossible to find one. Even if i did, i wouldnt have the money for it. :bawl:
    So i basically left it as just a dream. Something i might be able to afford once i finally finish getting educated...

But i guess i spoke to soon. About a month ago i saw an ad for an MTD 535 from a guy in germany going at 1250 Euro. Which is about the same in Us dollars... Basically i thought that isnt possible theres no way hes selling that thing for so cheap. So i wrote him an email. About a week later (damn, was that a long week) He wrote and said he had it. Well after alot of writing back and forth im going to be recieving the bass next friday! :)

Thanks to my gilfriend cause i am dead broke. She is lending me all the money to get the bass :D . Now if thats not love i dont know what is...

needless to say i am very very excited...

Granted, its an older MTD. And i am not sure what the difference may be in the vibe or tone of the older ones as apposed to the newer MTD's. Its got an Tulipwood body, a Maple Neck, and a wenge fingerboard. The bridge is a wilkinson and im not sure about the tuners. Its a very simple bass but im sure im going to love it to pieces!!!

Its the same as the one Boogie bass had a while back (the andrew gouche bass) except its a 535.

Any Comments would be appreciated... Especially from those who have played both older and newer MTD's and can tell me a little about the differences.

Thanks a bunch!!

2. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    The coolest feature of every MTD.
    Mr. Tobias signature at the back of the Head :hyper:

3. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    1250 euros... :eek:
    Allmost for free, is all I can say. You're a lucky man and I hope you're going to like it. :)

4. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Nice MZ,nice! -Luke

5. Beautimus. :cool:

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

That is indeed a fantastic bargain - I would have snapped it up, as quickly as I could, if it had appeared in the UK at that price!! ;)

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Sweet deal, man. Congrats! While I recently sold two of my MTD's (636 and fretless 535), I've hung onto a very nice 535. MTD's sound and play GREAT. And when you pick 'em up that cheap, I'm sure they're even sweeter!

8. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    that's a beauty :eek: :)

9. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Welcome to the MTD club! You'll surely love playing bass. My MTD has a Maple neck and Wenge fretboard. You have the best of both worlds there; a quick :bassist: punchy maple wood tone with the subtle midrange bite of the Wenge.

10. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Hey thanks alot for all the replies guys!
    I really cant wait till friday...
    This is going to be a sloooow week! :)

11. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Now lets see...
    You find an MTD 535...
    one of your dream basses...
    in Europe...
    for €1250...
    and your girlfriend gives you the money for it! :eek:

You are one very lucky basstađ, y'know! Worst of all, unlike you, my GAS will probably never be healed... :(
    ...or, like you, maybe? Anyone seen a nice hi-end 6-er lefty going for cheap? ;) :D

12. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    I am a lucky basstid i know :p

Tuesday..... :meh:
    3 Loooong days ahead of me....

13. Congratulations. That looks like a great one.

I love my MTD's.

Aloha,

Jonathan

14. Thombass

Thombass Guest

Dec 17, 2003
  15. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Oh, I allmost forgot...please, let me know if you break up with your girlfriend; I think I might want a MTD too. :p

16. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

Hey, it is not just girlfriends that do that. My wife bought me:

Ken Lawrence Brase 5
    Lakland Deluxe 55-94
    MTD 535

And, NO, I'm not getting a divorce!

Dan K.

17. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    im getting my new kubicki ex factor custom this friday, haha crazy eh. well congrats to both of us :p

18. Best deal ever!!! Congrats!!!

MTD are great basses!

PS: I'll buy your bass next year for 1000 euros...:D

19. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Singing Melodically: "Tommorro!!! Tommorro!!! I love you, tommorro!!! your only a day away!!!!!!!!"

Ps: Thanks for all the replies so far :)

:hyper:

20. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    :bassist:

Well the bass is finally here.... And basically i dont even know how to describe it. It kills anything i have owned previously.. And its so easy to play... Every spare minute i have has gone to that bass since it got here Friday... Its simply a pleasure to play... And it sounds SOOOOO good with the Aguilar/Epifani Rig!!!!!