Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MTD 535 For sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Danny R., Nov 7, 2003.

1. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I said that I'd never get rid of this bass, but I can't afford to keep it :( , I had a little car problem plus the wife is having a baby so I really need some cash.
    MTD 535, serial # 782 DOB 03/01/02 specs:
    Mahogany body.
    Spalted burl Maple top (it looks beautiful)
    Maple neck and board.
    Rosewood truss rod cover.
    Rosewood headstock (top).
    Bartolini soapbar pickups.
    Bartolini 3 band 18 v. preamp.
    The bass is in mint condition, very ligth, it nails the Marcus Miller sound and it has a great variety of sounds thanks to the Barts and the preamp, she's a great player, the action is low and fast without any annoying fretbuzz, I'll throw a Korg Pandora PX3B with a pair of Sony studio quality headphones, adapter and a couple of Monster cables (brand new), the pandora comes in the original box with the manual, the bass comes in a new MTD ultralight hard case, I'm asking for $2650 for the whole thing shipped and insured, this is a great deal for someone shopping for a high end 5 strings bass, the price is firm, I won't sell the bass for a penny less, ok maybe yes ;) the only trade I would be interested is a StingRay 4 in natural or sunburst with a rosewood board plus a lot of cash. Feel free to ask any question and thanks for looking.
    Danny.

Email bassguru79@yahoo.com

2. I'm sorry you have to give it up Danny! That is such a sweet bass! I remember drooling over it when you got it and posted pics. I hope everything goes good and you get the money you need! Maybe you will get another one down the road. Good luck selling it.

Yours Truly,
    Tyler Hole

3. Danny R.

Yeah, I will get another 535, but if I don't sell this one within 2 weeks I'll just keep it.

Bump with a picture ;)

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Would you be insulted by an offer for less than your asking price? You wouldn't have to ship, I'm in Southern Cal. If interested, PM me. Thanks.

5. Danny R.

Hey boogie, nope, PM your offer and we'll see, you are welcome to try the bass.
    Danny.

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Sent you an email, bro. Your PM mailbox is full. ;)

7. Danny R.

Mailbox empty and reply sent.
    Thanks. :)

8. Danny R.

This great bass now belongs to mister boogiebass (AKA Carl),
    Thanks ;)

9. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Nice to meet ya, Danny. This is going to be a good one, I think. ;)

10. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Ahh, one man's pleasure is another man's pain.
    I, on the other hand, just recently joined
    the "MTD family". BIG grin. Dude, I'm really
    sorry you had to let it go, especially after finding out first hand what all the hublub over
    the MTDs was about. Holy @#$%! Incredible instruments, and Mike is so accessible and helpful (helped me choose the right 535 for me, as did Glenn at Austin Bass Traders... great folks all-round).

FYI, mine's maple/ebony neck, and a chianti
    (sp?) stain maple burl top with matching headstock, ash body.

Quick pic attached. :)

11. Danny R.

That's a beautiful 535, well, I used the money to fix my car (I only needed $1000) with the rest I bought a Lakland 55-94 from RSmith, it isn't a 535 but it's a great bass, I will definetly get another 535 hopefully by Christmas (depending on my tax return and my Christmas bonus) ;)

12. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Hey thanks, and good luck getting another MTD if you can. Also, Laklands ROCK! I've played them before and they're totally awesome. If I didn't
    luck across the opportunity to get into an MTD, that was one I was considering in particular.

Peace, and hope the car runs a LONG time now. :)